Forza Horizon

The only Codies title I touch these days is the DIRT series. For me they are great diversion from the hustle and bustle of circuit racing and allow you to let off a bit of steam, without worrying about spoiling someone's race 1 lap in, lol.

GRID never really grabbed me and I was let down with F1 2010 and didn't even bother with F1 2011.

I loved grid and still do.The F1 title I only got 2010 and it's fun to have a bit of a diversion.
Dirt 3 was my first one in the dirt series and it's a very nice title.
Although on this one I have no clue as what to expect. Guess it's just a wait and see game.

At Microsoft’s Xbox Spring Showcase in San Francisco last week, Turn 10′s Dan Greenawalt confirmed the title via the aforementioned ‘concept’ video, which includes no gameplay but plenty of ladies in bikinis and sports cars cruising through music festivals.

Nick Rowland posted an article and a trailer of Forza Horizon on our frontpage. Go check it out here

I agree with you there Bradley! To add to it I'd like quicker tyre wear and fuel depletion. Just something to make pitstops have a point.

Most importantly I'd like to know what the game is about!! Trailers don't say much about anything.

I agree Dan the trailer might have well been an areoplane taking off from an airport, its useless. Yer and I think there should he engineers at the pitstop, and fix a limited amount of areo and not as much mechanical. Last thing a physics update

would have to agree with you, night mode, rain and better damage/tyre wear/fuel depletion. It would be ace driving on this game in some different conditions, imagine the rain would be amazing!!

Trabant endurance races at the Nordschleife

:D

My guess is it will be some form of NFS/TDU/DIRT hybrid, with more open world than dedicated circuit racing.
Day/night transition racing would be good.
Weather elements too.
Online lobby races where you can pick custom start/finish points like you could in TDU.

Given the development team (Playground Games) are mostly ex-Codemasters employees along with several members of Bizarre Creations and Black Rock Studio, I'm hoping for an open world driving game akin to TDU. I'd expect FH to be running at less than 60fps but with all the graphical 'bells and whistles' missing from the Forza series: night racing, weather effects, detailed damage modelling (ala Grid or Dirt) and a more 'relaxed' driving model, hopefully akin to PGR's 3 and 4.

It'll be interesting to see how FH pans out, the people in Playground Games have a fanastic pedegree in the driving/racing genre, so I have very high hopes of a spiritual successor to the PGR series.

Coming this fall for Xbox 360, Forza Horizon combines the automotive thrills that Forza fans expect with a gorgeous open-road world that begs to be explored.
As3428as_051712.jpg

23094er4g8o_051712.jpg

Source

Forza meets NFS: Pro Street meets TDU2

Could be an interesting alternative to let off some steam when circuit racing has been done for the day, lol.

Liking the Evo and the Quattro duking it out on the gravel back roads.

:D

EDIT: Just seen Dan Grrenwalt doing some gameplay on You Tube and I have to say I'm not overly enthralled and think I'll be giving it a miss.

Criterion are bringing out NFS: Most Wanted (which looks like the offspring of Burnout Paradise and the original NFS: Most Wanted) so I may plump for that for some alternative arcade thrashing about.

Then again, I may end up with neither, lol.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%