1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 PC Demo Released

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza Horizon 3 PC Demo.jpg
    It's been a while since I've been able to talk about a demo for a modern game, but finally Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios have released a limited demo version for Windows 10 PC players of their new Forza Horizon 3 title.

Weighing in at an epic 20GB according to the Windows 10 Store page, the new Forza Horizon 3 Demo is pretty sizable indeed, giving players the ability to "explore a portion of Forza Horizon 3’s map, while taking a guided tour through some of the best features that the game has to offer".

In a pretty smart move by the developers, those who complete the full demo version of the game will then be given access to an online option that will allow players to drive together in a free roam session around the open areas of the demo map.

"Your tour Down Under begins in classic Horizon fashion – with beautiful scenery, great driving roads, and awesome vehicles. From the moment the action begins, you are unmistakably in Australia, with all of its awe-inspiring beauty and tremendous environmental diversity. You’ll blast along ocean-side roads, and race on the beach alongside the famed Twelve Apostles landmarks. You’ll grab ludicrous air off of Danger Sign jumps buried deep in the Australian rainforests, and have a chance to get sideways through Drift Zones in Byron Bay"

Forza Horizon 3 PC Demo 3.jpg

The studio have also confirmed an update to the Xbox One demo, now including HDR support. Available to owners of the Xbox One S and viewing on an HDR display, the upgraded Xbox One demo with HDR support should allow the unarguably stunning graphics of Forza Horizon 3 to really shine...

PC Minimum Specs (30 fps)

CPU: i5 3570 @ 3.4 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti - AMD R7 250X
    VRAM: 2 GB
    RAM: 8 GB
    Hard Drive Type: HDD
    Available Space: 21 GB
    Windows Version: Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.102

PC Recommended Specs:
    CPU: i7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 or GTX 1060
    AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480
    VRAM: 4 GB
    RAM: 12 GB
    Hard Drive Type: HDD
    Resolution: 1920 X 1080

PC Ideal Specs:
    CPU: i7 6700 @ 4.0 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980Ti or GTX 1080
    AMD Fury X
    VRAM: 6 GB
    RAM: 16 GB
    Hard Drive Type: SSD
    Resolution: 3840 X 2160

Forza Horizon 3 PC Demo 2.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 is available for Windows 10 and Xbox One right now.
    The FH3 demo can be downloaded free from the Windows Store here.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum for the latest news and discussions regarding the new Horizon title. Join in the discussion today.

If you don't yet own Forza Horizon 3 on PC, will you be trying the new demo release? Would you like to see more demos released for new games? What do you think of FH3? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Downloading now. Let's see what it's like. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Wish it was on Steam, can't be bothered with this Windows Store malarkey...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Are you still on your first attempt?

5. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Okay....I've played the game for a while now. Sadly there is no SAVE Option, so when you finish the game and restart it again, you start from the beginning. That......SUCKS. :p
    No SKIP function for the intro....SUCKS. :p
    I will post a few more details 2morrow. It's nearly 2 in the morning here, so...bedtime. ;)
    Cheers
    Andrew

PS:
    Have a great weekend mates. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Downloading now.
    So to access the online portion you have to complete the entire demo in one sitting. Hmmm... wonder how long that would take and if I can squeeze that in today somehow?

7. Changing some of the graphics settings requires a restart before they will apply, which means watching the intro and cut scenes again and again...SUCKS :p

But,
    Those are pretty much the only things that suck, the game is absolutely stunningly beautiful, even on medium settings. I am able to run high settings locked to 60fps smooth as butter on my 4 year old i5 2500k and GTX 1060. Game is a blast to drive using chase cam and 360 controller, and the sounds aren't too shabby either. I will be purchasing the full game very soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

Just wished this game support separate pedals and wheel, I have Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals and a Thrustmaster T300 / Leather 28 GT rim, but apparently this combo won't work in FH3 yet

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I suppose my combo (T300 + CSP V3 pedals) won't work neither, thanks for your comment, I will abort downloading 20Gigs for nothing !

10. Cool i've been waiting for this.
    Expecially 'couse from what i see on the web, the game is technically a disaster... let's see if they fixed the tousands of issues.