1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Forza Horizon 3: New Cars Revealed

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza Horizon 3 - 4.jpg
    Another week, another bunch of cars revealed for Forza Horizon 3. Today we learn of the next batch of 30 cars destined to make an appearance in the upcoming Forza Horizon 3 racing game, and the list includes one or two real corkers...

Turn 10 studios are continuing their plan of revealing a wide variety of different machines from the past and present in automotive history, and the latest announcement does nothing little to stray from that path. Cars of note representing modern times include the epic Aston Martin Vantage GT12, basically a modern racing machine for the road, sitting alongside the equally modern, but somewhat tamer, 2017 specification Ford Focus RS. The RS is the latest in a long line of performance Fords produced by the famous Blue Oval, designed as a faster, lighter and more nimble version of the humble family hatch back.

Those with a taste for older models are not to be disappointed either, a 1969 vintage Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396 stands out immediately as a car worth spending some time getting to know, as does the equally cool 1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial.

Turn 10 Studios and Playground Games have done a stellar job bringing a rich variety of machines to Horizon 3, leaving many excited to try them out for themselves.

Latest cars revealed for Forza Horizon 3:
    • 2016 Abarth 695 Biposto
    • 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
    • 2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT12
    • 1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1
    • 2015 Audi TTS CoupĂ©
    • 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
    • 2013 BMW M6 Coupe
    • 2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    • 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
    • 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
    • 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
    • 2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
    • 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
    • 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
    • 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
    • 1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
    • 1969 Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe
    • 1993Ford SVT Cobra R
    • 1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
    • 2017 Ford Focus RS
    • 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2
    • 1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
    • 1992 Honda NSX-R
    • 1993 Jaguar XJ220
    • 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
    • 2017 Nissan GT-R
    • 1968 Opel GT
    • 2015 Subaru WRX STI
    • 1980 Subaru BRAT GL
    • 2016 W Motors Lykan Hypersport

Forza Horizon 3 launch on Tuesday 27th September for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

Keep track of all the latest news and join in with the discussion right here at RaceDepartment. Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum today!

Forza Horizon 3 - 2.jpg Forza Horizon 3 - 5.jpg Forza Horizon 3 - 6.jpg Forza Horizon 3 - 7.jpg Forza Horizon 3.jpg Forza Horizon 3 - 3.jpg

Looking forward to Horizon 3? PC player? Will you be trying out the Forza series for the first time? Which car are you most looking forward to in the above list? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Still waiting for my first gen Miata :'(

3. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    From the land of Mounties and Maple Syrup Premium Member

"2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT12"....yep, sold. :D

4. RC45

RC45
    Premium Member

If only the Chevelle Super Sport 396 was a real car... in their uber-pursuit of global politcal correctness GM and Turn 10 are attempting to rewrite history by trying to deny that the entire SS line of Chevy cars existed.

They where all badged SS, not Super Sport - they may have been the Super Sport trim, but the badges where SS.

Shame on GM and Turn 10 for falsifying the virtual recreations of actual cars for the sake of political correctness.

• Angry Angry x 1
  5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

@RC45

The SS badge stand for Super Sport so GM and Turn 10 are not rewriting history ;)

6. RC45

RC45
    Premium Member

As I stated above, the car was never known as a Chevelle Super Sport 396. the 396SS or SS396 was a Super Sport trim car BADGED as an SS.

They are trying to rewrite history by sanitizing the SS badges from all 3D models and literature related to the Forza franchise.

Even the current 2016 Chevrolet SS is NOT called a Super Sport.. it may be in Super Sport or Sports Sedan TRIM, but the car is sold and marketed as the Chevrolet SS in the real world - just not in the pathetic uber-sanitized and ultra-politically correct world that Turn 10 and MS call XBox Live.

When I go visit my local Chevy dealer I dont see any Super Sport promotional literature - it is all SS.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan/build-your-own.html

And some historical perspective just because :) See all those SS badges??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Angry Angry x 1
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

as you clearly pointed out the SS is a badge meaning an abreviation for something

you might want to check your facts before stating something cause here's a pic of Forza Horizon 2 and you can clearly see the SS badge on the 3D model and adding to that GM wouldn't allow to create a 3D model of one of their car exactly how it was at the time.
    [​IMG]

You don't see any Super Sport anywhere cause it easier to marketed the cars under the SS badge and it have more impact that way like with Ford with GT (Grand Touring or Grand Turismo) or Dodge with R/T (Road/track). Some compagnies are big in using badges with meaning like LE (Luxury Edition) cause its easier to marketed it that way and on the car it look better, Imagine Catera Touring Sedan V on the Cadillac CTS V instead of the badge. Don't forget that most people doesn't even know that SS stand for Super Sport.

8. RC45

RC45
    Premium Member

Oh I get it, you think I am just making this up and getting all bent because of a simple name on a promotional post ;) That image is from Forza Horizon 2.

Please go load up Forrza 6 and have a look at the 3D models as they currently are.

Forza 6
    No longer SS badges on the 2016 Camaro SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 2014 Chevrolet SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 2002 Camaro SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1988 Monte Carlo SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1970 Chevelle SS454 model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1970 El Camino SS454 model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1969 Nova SS396 model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1969 Camaro SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1967 Chevelle SS396 model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1966 Nova SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.
    No longer SS badges on the 1964 Impala SS model. Real world cars have SS badges on them.

Forza Horizon 2
    2014 Chevrolet SS has SS badges.
    1988 Monte Carlo SS has no SS badges.
    1970 Chevell SS454 has SS badges.
    1969 Camaro SS has SS badges.
    1964 Impala SS has SS badges.

Forza 5
    2003 Camaro SS has SS badges.
    1970 El Camino SS has SS badges.
    1970 Chevelle SS has SS badges.
    1969 Camaro SS has SS badges.
    1969 Nova SS has SS badges.
    1967 Chevelle SS has SS badges.
    1966 Nova SS has SS badges.
    1964 Impala SS has badges.

Forza 6 has been patched to REMOVE the SS badges. I wasn't just speculating that Turn10 and MS changing the game under us.

MS and Turn 10 say it is GM that called for the change to "align with their current global marketing strategy" - what utter rubbish, what does the badge of a 50 year old car have to do with CURRENT global marketing? And the CURRENT Chevrolet SS sedan uses the name SS, not Super Sport - same is true for the current Camaro SS.

This change is mind boggling to say the least.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Angry Angry x 1
  9. With this amount of cars, I'm worried the bodykit options are going to be limited even with the new widebody kit options (which I'm sure is only gonna be on a handful of cars). When I was playing FM6, I found out my favorite Impreza 08's bodykits were all gone. Same goes for the Focus '02 when I wanted to give it rally bodykits in Horizon 2. Simply adding a generic splitter to the stock bumper and wing isn't going to cut it for me.

Still can't wait for this of course, just wanted to say a little something about customization.

10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

11. RC45

RC45
    Premium Member

• Angry Angry x 1
  12. Has Turn10 finally hired someone who actually knows something about force feedback? It's amazing that they have made these games so many years and they seemingly doesn't have a clue how to include wheel support&good ffb to Forzas.

edit. And that case with SS-badges is so comical that I don't know if I should Iaugh or cry.

13. sidewinder26

sidewinder26
    Premium Member

Did anyone play Horizon 2 with a G27? If yes, was it any good?