1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Forza Horizon 3 Launch Trailer and Live Stream Released

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza Horizon 3.jpg
    With a public release due in less than six days, Turn 10 Studios have revealed the official launch trailer for Forza Horizon 3, showcasing the stunning graphics of a game destined to go down as one of the most attractive racing releases in 2016.

Due to contain over 350 cars playable across the stunning Australian scenery, what marks Horizon 3 out for special mention is the fact that this will be the first fully fledged Forza release available on Windows 10 PC. With a less than stellar tech demo that was Forza Motorsport Apex already behind the studio, Horzion 3 will be a big test for Turn 10 to see how development continues on the Windows platform.

Forza Horizon 3 Official Launch Trailer

Turn 10 have also run a recent two hour long live stream of the game for fans to enjoy, showcasing many of the 350+ cars that will be available once the title is released on September 27th. The live stream focused on unedited footage of the game, and gave fans a first look at many of the in game UI screens and opening mission storylines.

Check out the livestream video here.

Forza Horizon 3 will be available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC from Tuesday 27th September 2016. A demo version of Forza Horizon 3 is available to download for Xbox One via the Microsoft Store.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this new title. Join the community conversation today.

Looking forward to Horizon 3? Tried the demo yet? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Never thought a title like this would spike my interest outside of circuit racing, but I gotta say it does look like great fun from what I've been seeing, only trouble is I don't have the PC power to run it the way I would like, (GTX 1080ti, where are you?, I'm patiently waiting and frantically saving), and until microsoft adopt 21:9 aspect ratio in their PC games...ahem (Apex and Killer Instinct to name but two), I'll guess I'm gonna have to sit this one out for now. I know DX12 is the future, but I'm having financial trouble leaving the past, (wife thinks there are more pressing things to spend MY money on), at the moment. Also what's the future for Apex and this title regards VR or Holo lense or whatever it's called, all I seem to hear about is the PS4's VR, which I have been reliably told will work on a PC, and very little from Microsoft.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. holly shitss that audi overrevving on every jump in the start of the stream
    ac has ruined arcade racing for me :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. +1, cruel but true
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Best Racing Game- Yes finally that have agreed that Forza is not a SIM!!, about time. Best racing game, yes I agree, all Forza titles are great racing games, but not SIMS, I wish people would stop comparing Forza with AC, with RF2, with IRacing, that are simply not in the same ball park, but yes, Horizon looks sexy
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LilSki

Premium Member

Horizon had always been on the arcade side but still more believable than something from the NFS series. Motorsport falls somewhere in the between arcade and sim. But to put horizon in the same category as motorsport would be wrong. They share some vehicle assets and that is about it.
  7. Horizon 3 looks pretty darn good my XOne but from videos even better on the PC. I was hoping for at least an unlocked frame rate but I didn't know it would also run at full resolution on my UltraWide (3440x1440) - looks fantastic! Quite a masterpiece of a game - a blast for car lovers. Again, won't replace my sims but open world driving is a very nice change of pace.
    I won't have until the 27th, only bought the standard version - extra cars and playing early not necessary.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got the Ultimate Edition, should've pre-loaded though as this 48GB download seems to drag on forever :|

I can't wait to see what's in store for the car packs and maybe even the expansion(s). Probably not likely but I secretly hope they include that wiener-mobile I posted some time ago :p
  9. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

So does it have Full Wheel support on Windows?
  10. Depends what you consider "full". My setup is partially supported - TX w/T3PA pedals but not my TH8A shifter yet. There is a list of the hardware that's supported but it's still a work in process.

EDIT (found from Sept. 7th news):
    • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T300RS
    • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
    • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T150
    • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    “Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models,” Ekberg explains in a post on Xbox Wire.
    • Like Like x 1