1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Forza Horizon 3: Halo Warthog Further Details Released

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza Horizon 3 Warthog.jpg
    Turn 10 Studios have revealed performance specifications for the free Halo Warthog DLC coming to Forza Horizon 3. The Warthog is a fictional vehicle from the popular Halo game franchise, and is due to be added to Horizon 3 as a reward for Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers who own either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

The 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST is a "transport alternative to its militaristic cousin, the M12 Force Application Vehicle" packing an impressive 720 bhp twin turbo V8, 70 cm of suspension travel and advanced dampening. Top speeds of 119mph coupled with its superior off road capabilities make the Warthog a formidable off road proposition in Horizon 3.

Halo Warthog Utility Vehicle Stats:
    • Vehicle Layout: Front-engine, AWD, 2 Seater
    • Type: Twin Turbo 8L V8 Power: 720bhp at 6500rpm Torque: 855ft/lbs at 3200rpm
    • Top Speed: 119mph (limited by gearing)
    • 0-60mph: 3.7sec
    • 0-100mph: 9.81sec
    • 1/4 mile: 12.4sec @ 109.4mph

In other news, Turn 10 have revealed the provisonal list of wheel support for Horizon 3. Currently the below list lacks support for the Fanatec product range, however support for the Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models is expected to be added towards the end of September. Fanatec H-pattern support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
    • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T300RS
    • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
    • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T150
    • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Forza Horizon 3 is due for release on Windows 10 PC and Xbox One on September 27th.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news regarding this upcoming title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. Do you like the look of Horizon 3? Will you be making the purchase once it is released? PC gamer? Does Horizon 3 appeal to you? Let us know in the comments section below!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 17 days left, common FH3 and glad I used to own Halo 5 (warthdog you'll be mineeee).

Very exited to discover FH3 max out in 4k, it's going to be gorgeous.
  3. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

If Turn 10 cared as much about physics as they do about looks, we'd be getting somewhere.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  4. But will it come with the classic retarded Halo AI drivers? :p
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. fortyfivekev

Premium Member

Not much interest in this title but is the Halo Warthog really the best vehicle they could come up with to promote it? Surely there is something more exciting than this included?
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Yeah, and you only get it if you own Halo game(s) i think. So i think most of us simmers wont even get it lol. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Well I like my Sim racers so not too keen on this. Forza Horizon was just released on Xbox 360 games with gold so I'll give it a go on my Xbox One but I'm not expecting anything great from it.
    But yeah. A fictional car from Halo isn't the best way to promote this sort of title if I'm honest...
  8. LilSki

Premium Member

Forza Horizon in my opinion does exactly what it sets out to do. To be an open world racer with semi believable physics. The Halo vehicle makes complete sense to me. There are tons of Halo fans and if including this vehicle gets a few of them to buy the game then it did its job. I have said it before but I'm excited about it as sometimes you just want to thrash through the jungle and not have a care in the world.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm a massive Halo fan too. (No other reason for owning an Xbox One tbh)
    Just think it's a bit Nintendo-esque having crossovers between not only different titles but different genres completely.
    I can't help thinking about the fighting game the kids loved on the Wii or whatever and it had all different Nintendo characters from over the years.

I know people will relish this opportunity but for everyone that loves there also will be some that don't care for it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think it looks more like a puma.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. That reference ;D I feel so old now.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tell me about it. Haha, that quote always stuck with me and after posting I went and watched some of the episodes. I couldn't believe that was 2003! Didn't realize it was that long ago.