1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Forza Horizon 3 Goes 4K With New Xbox One X Update

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +13,182
    Forza Horzon 3 Xbox One X Update.jpg
    Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft have gone 4K with a brand new Xbox One X compatible update today, finally updating popular arcade racer Forza Horizon 3 to the latest Xbox standards.

Released for free to current owners of the title with a Microsoft Xbox One X, the latest generation Xbox console, and weighing in at just 670 MB, the modestly sized update brings with it 4K graphics including improved car reflections and shadow resolutions, as well as improved texture detail for road and terrain surfaces.

Understandably the new patch will be compatible with DLC expansion packs as well, so owners of the Blizzard Mountain and the awesome Hotwheels expansion will also be able to enjoy their additional content packs in the improved graphical capabilities of 4K Xbox One X visual perfection...

Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One X Update.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 is available now for Xbox One and PC. The 4K patch is downloadable for Xbox One X owners and will install automatically.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Hang out with your fellow community members and join in the conversation today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried FH3 is 4K yet? What are your impressions of the game in the improved graphical environment of the Xbox One X? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +421
    Although I am a Hardcore Sim Racer, this does look fantastic and one day I may purchase this when I upgrade to Win 10 on my dedicated PC Sim Rig which still uses Win 7...though if Forza was to ever go the Sim route it would be amazing, but I suppose it is all about the money to pay for the business which is Turn 10...'The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,337
    Cool update for Xbox one X owners!

I bought my son an Xbox one S with this game for xmas and I must admit its a pretty damn fun game to goof around with the kids.

Was actually really surprised in how good the graphics and performance were for an older console can only imagine the visuals in 4k :geek:

4. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,668
    I used like W7 seems like forever on my rig also and no matter what no one could convince me otherwise ,
    but I moved and purchased a laptop and it came with W10 ,
    honestly man buy W10 the features and options are perfect I have had zero issues with anything at all even all the folder settings are much more easier to keep track of like quick access , I run 3D softwares and have multiple multiple programs and like I say not 1 single issue ,
    the only thing that does annoy is updates there not all the time every now and again but even when you turn them off it still forces you to download them will just restart and download , but except that I would not dream now of going back to windows 7 its primitive in comparison :D

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Newproto

Newproto

Ratings:
    +190
    I got myself recently FH3 I can say that this is one of the best racing arcade games for today.
    The graphics are the best in the genre, the sounds are amazing.
    You can play on the wheel, but you need to adjust the FFB a little.
    But there is one need Win10.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,668
    I believe the conception now with these windows is bad because of the total mess they made with windows 8 ,
    that was just a total nightmare ,
    this windows 10 is exactly like windows 7 but just more app like features but overhaul its simply a better operating system , I think it just scares people the thought of leaving windows 7 behind because I thought the same , so glad this laptop had W10 on it :D

7. pinkimo

pinkimo

Ratings:
    +15
    4K 30fps but no 1080p 60fps... ****ing marketing... And I'm sure most people are more interested in 4K than 60fps... for a racing game... seriously...
    Fortunately, it's on PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,668
    Exactly like 30fps is nonsense read this :D
    While the illusion of motion works at 16 fps, it works better at higher frame rates. Thomas Edison, to whom we owe a lot of debt to for this whole operation (light bulbs, motion picture film, Direct Current, etc.) believed that the optimal frame rate was 46 frames per second. Anything lower than that resulted in discomfort and eventual exhaustion in audience. So Edison built a camera and film projection system that operated at at a high frame rate.

https://www.filmindependent.org/blog/hacking-film-24-frames-per-second/

• Like Like x 2
  9. kolysion

kolysion
    Banned

Ratings:
    +14
    TITAN V and 8k 60fps, thx :)

• Haha Haha x 1