1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Forza Horizon 3 Demo Now Available for Xbox One

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 2.jpg
    Turn 10 Studios have made available a playable demo of the upcoming Forza Horizon 3, bringing a choice of several diverse vehicles for Xbox One players to sample before the game releases towards the end of September.

Sadly only Xbox One players will have access to the demo of Horizon 3, as the studio promise a nice selection of vehicles to try out in advance of the games release. PC players will have to wait until the official launch of the title to sample the first full Forza game on Windows 10 PC.

The Demo of Horizon 3 has on offer a nice selection of vehicles from which to sample the game, including "more than one" dune buggy and an off road trophy truck alongside the more traditional road going offerings in the form of the epic Lamborghini Centenario, the BMW M4 Coupe, the Ford Shelby GT350R, as and the 2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo.

The Xbox One demo weighs in at a sizable 18.34GB and can be downloaded from the Xbox One store immediately.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 3.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 will be available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC 27th September 2016.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. The place to go for news on the latest Forza Horizon game. Head on over and join the discussion today!

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 1.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Demo 4.jpg

Have you tried the demo yet? Does the game give you the experience you hoped for? Looking forward to Horizon 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

No
    Probably not
    No

Lol ;)

3. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

FH3 - only a few minutes with demo but pretty damn slick :confused:, very professionally done I must say.
    upload_2016-9-12_21-2-13.png
    upload_2016-9-12_21-5-50.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 2
  4. Amazing! Can't wait until the full release.

5. The PC demo is due later this week isn't it?

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

As far as I was aware, no PC demo was due for this one. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I'd love to give this a test. I don't normally go for arcade games, but this sure does look pretty. Just concerned I'd play for a bit then load up rF2 and forget all about it...

7. Do you have a HDR TV? Those pics look all-full good even on my TV.

8. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I should have mentioned, I didn't take those shots. I just posted a couple I found as I was impressed but they were scaled down to post on RD.
    I have my X1 connected to a UltraWide monitor - unfortunately I can't take full advantage of the resolution (3440x1440) but FH3 still looks very good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. how's it handle with a wheel? still useless as fm5 and 6?

10. FM5 was not great with a wheel, but Horizon 2 and FM6 were both great with a wheel.

11. Just played it and I found it a major step up from Horizon 2, I'll definitely have to get it as soon as it's released.

12. Big step down from fh 2

13. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I have to disagree, I've run FH2 and FH3 back to back using the same wheel (TX w/T3PA pedals) and same difficulty and wheel settings - Simulation, ABS off, TC off, SC off, Vibration 75, FFB Scale 75. And drove the same cars in both. To me their very similar but a little more detail in FH3 - nothing like the PC sims but not bad for an arcade game. I'd much rather use a wheel than a gamepad, much finer control of steering/throttle/brake.
    The FFB in APEX feels better than FH3 on X1, I'm hoping FH3 on PC feels like APEX.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  14. Yes no idea how FH 3 feels with a wheel. I didn´t enjoy FH 2 with wheel. Smoothness is not that important for success in these titles.

I do hope they allow for custom controllers. I just tried the Crew and there I can use my HE sim Ultimate pedals, my custom button box and I am sure my separate fanatec usb shifter as well. 2016 if FH 3 can´t do that there is no excuse! A bit worrying the Forza apex demo do force me to use stock controllers.