• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain Released

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,317
    Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 8.jpg
    Turn 10 Studios have released the Blizzard Mountain Expansion Pack for their Forza Horizon 3 title, adding to the game snow, ice, extreme elevations and blizzards (of course) for the first time in the history of the Forza Horizon franchise.

Included in the latest expansion come eight new cars and trucks as well as new mountain race events such as a Hill Climb mode and Blizzard Races, alongside the usual selection of brand new Rivals events and achievements to unlock.

Highlights from the new expansion include the Ken Block liveried 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX car as well as the new mountain location, extreme weather conditions and the 2016 variant of the legendary Subaru WRX STI. Additional to the confirmed new location, events, cars and weather conditions comes another mystery car "barn find" hidden within the new terrain. No details of which car this will be, however feel free to post pictures below if and when you find it...

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain Expansion Trailer

Blizzard Mountain Cars
    • 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
    • 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B
    • 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4
    • 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
    • 1966 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
    • 2016 RJ Anderson #37 RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck
    • 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r

Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 3.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 is available for Microsoft Xbox One, and for the first time ever on Windows 10 PC. The Blizzard Mountain DLC Expansion can be purchased at the Microsoft Store for £16.74.

Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 2.jpg

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Join in the community discussion today and let your fellow fans know your thoughts!

Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 4.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 5.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain 6.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain.jpg

Have you tried Blizzard Mountain yet? What are your thoughts on the expansion pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    Inbefore they say that the game engine couldn't support snow, but now it does :):roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Is the car handling in this and Forza Apex alike? If I test Apex, will I get a good representation on how the cars feel in Horizon 3?

4. JoeAMGC63

JoeAMGC63

Ratings:
    +19
    For me, they handle differently. The cars are much easier to slide around corners in FH3 than in Apex. Also, braking is not as realistic in Horizon. I just played the expansion pack, it's quite impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +377
    Oh I swear...:speechless: if I see just one more of those "hoonigan" and "Rockstar" combo liveries... I'm gonna throw up all over my monitor. I've never heard of that bloke Block before start playing Dirt series, never heard of Rockstar drink before the same series. Now feel like they center of the universe. I can imagine the americans feel like we all love anything that comes from US but read my lips... we have no clue.
    And we don't care.
    I love football though. :laugh: Yes, us version of it. :x3:

6. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Well, it seams quite profitable for the energy drink-companies to sponsor race cars/bikes. Monster, Rockstar and ofc, Red Bull, who seams to have all the money in the world since they sponsor teams all over the world... But yea, quite sick of it as well. But they, as long as they pay drivers I want to see racing, I'm happy :)

7. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Okay, is there any game to compare FH3 to? I'm on the fence on this one. On one side, arcade racers are great fun when well done and there is a okay-ish feeling when driving, on the other hand arcade done bad is the worst. Like some of the NFS games, where the drifting just "snapped" like grinding in the Tony Hawks game. Like this

8. exbagboy

exbagboy

Ratings:
    +29
    There is a demo for both PC and Xbox One if you want to try it. It's more arcadey than Horizon but it's the same physics engine with more grip.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fastfab

fastfab

Ratings:
    +166
    You mean it's more aracdey than Forza 6 i think ^^.

But anyway yes there is a good demo on both platform.
    If I would make comparison, Forza Horizon handling is not close to NFS but more to PGR serie. The feeling while driving the 360 Stradale through the street of Firenze in PGR2 and Nice in Forza Horizon 2 where shockingly alike.

I would add that for both Apex and Horizon, going in the video setting is somewhat mandatory to achieve 60fps even with powerfull GPU. I don't know why but if i let their dynamic algorithm manage all the setting both games stays on 30 fps mode, even if I own a fairly powerful GTX 1070. I force both game to 1080p and vsync 60fps and let everything else in dynamic, and it works just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Okay, will test the demo out, didn't even realize that there was one.

11. JoeAMGC63

JoeAMGC63

Ratings:
    +19
    I can honestly say that there is no other game out like FH3, IMHO. The drifting, if you like doing that is the best I've seen in a large scaled game like this. It doesn't snap like NFS or GRID. I wouldn't hesitate to get it. The new expansion is so well done, too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ozm8ey

ozm8ey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    for me i'd say the cars feel like dirt 3 handling

13. robnitro

robnitro

Ratings:
    +30
    I'm from the usa, dislike Ken Block and that showoff gymkhana crap. Many takes and switches of cams to make him look perfect, but he got his ass handed to him by another US guy, Tanner Foust- who is truly world class in rally and road racing!

US Football is ok, but the real Football in the rest of the world is better :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,140
    snow expansion is really great!
    if you expect serious racing/driving like in Assetto Corsa and such, you would be disapointed,

but for casual fun with gamepad, it's been fantastic game and I really enjoy it a lot

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ozm8ey

ozm8ey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    the only thing im disliking is the blizzards. I like it when you're just cruising around but when it starts all of a sudden during a race it frustrating. You literally cannot see anything while using cockpit view.I have to change the view when it happens to hood view but even that is hard. overall its pretty cool though.

16. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +377
    What ?:confused: You're from usa and you love soccer more than regular... "football" ?
    Who would thought... :cautious:
    Say, you sure you're not from ...Mexico ?
    Disclaimer: this question is sponsored by Trump/Pence make America great again campaign. :whistling::laugh:

• Haha Haha x 2
  17. grirvan

grirvan

Ratings:
    +9
    I owned FH3 for a short time before refunding through PAYPAL because I was accidentally charged twice. I could not figure out how to do a laps race against the AI, but only free drive, which to me is boring. I like to race. There may be a way, I just did not try long enough to figure it out, nor the cars or car classes to race. I also never figured out whether there was a replay camera and how to operate it. If someone could enlighten me, I am tempted to purchase again. Lastly if I remember correctly, I was able to map my Logitech wheel, but I could not use a keyboard to map any functions like changing views, etc.

18. robnitro

robnitro

Ratings:
    +30
    I'm an import from Eastern Europe, Trump will charge import tax on me :)
    I also like hockey. Football/baseball is slower because of defense/offense turns... I don't like that, imagine if they did that in auto racing haha

19. fakez

fakez
    YoloSwaggins

Ratings:
    +13
    Does anyone have Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain on Windows?
    Any thoughts around modding with custom liveries for cars? Possible?

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,140
    You can use in-game livery creator
    byt you cant import images from your disk if that's what you are asking