FM7 Forza 7 Officially Announced, Loads of Images and Trailer Released

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7.jpg

Coming to Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC this year, Microsoft have finally revealed the latest edition to the Forza Motorsport franchise of games....

Forza Motorsport 7 has been in the making for a while now and will be one of the very first titles available on the newly revealed Microsoft Xbox One X (known as Project Scorpio). To celebrate the new game it appears that Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios are looking to pull out all the stops in an effort to make Forza Motorsport 7 the biggest and best game of the series to date.

Forza Motorsport 7 Announcement Trailer
Built "from the ground up" for the brand new Xbox One X console, FM7 is expected to realise 60fps in true 4K, added to the HDR graphics and variety of "dynamic" weather conditions and times of day, the new game looks likely to be nothing short of visually stunning and already a vast improvement over previous iterations of the series.

On the content side of things FM7 will be nothing short of massive upon launch, we over 700 fully customisable 'ForzaVista' cars coming with the vanilla release of the game, backed by 30 racing environments that include some of the worlds most recognisable tracks, available in over 200 different variations, the new title will be packed with cars and tracks and expanded upon post release with a number of additional DLC packs throughout the first year of the game lifespan.

On the car front, FM7 will join in with the recent trend of securing a deal to licence several Porsche models, plus big hitters Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Ford and Aston Martin amongst "every premium brand" in modern automobile manufacture. As has become the expectation from a Forza release, both road and race fans will be catered for in the game with particular attention being paid to some premium historic content.

Of course no modern racing game can consider itself complete in 2017 without some kind of reference to eSports, and Forza Motorsport 7 is no exception in that regard with the continuation of its Forza Racing Championship eSports league, now including a deeper and more enhanced spectating mode and integration to popular social media channels.

Interesting it appears that the new title could well see the inclusion of dynamic weather for the first time, bringing a massive improvement to the static conditions found in both FM6 and the debut PC release Forza Motorsport Apex that came out in 2015. You can see the dynamic weather in effect in the below video uploaded by YouTuber The Verge:

Looks pretty good doesn't it?

In a bid by Microsoft to encourage more users towards the Windows 10 platform, Forza Motorsport 7 will be a first "full" Forza release on PC, adding the authentic Forza experience to PC players for the very first time after the initial toe in the water tech demo that was Forza Motorsport 6 Apex. It will be incredibility interesting to see how this Xbox classic fairs up against some incredibly tough competition in the form of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom and the like, however if anyone can achieve success it will be the incredible experience and budget of Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft.

Forza Motorsport 7 2.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 3.jpg

The game is now available for pre-order with the Deluxe and Ultimate special editions , complete with exclusive, digital-only bonus content, VIP membership, and access to the Day One Car Pack. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 29 and the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass that gives you access to upcoming car packs.

Forza Motorsport 7 will release on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC October 3rd 2017.

Forza Motorsport 7 5.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 4.jpg

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions as more details reveal on this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time while we await more news from E3 and beyond.

Forza Motorsport 7 6.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 7.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 8.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 9.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 10.jpg

Looking forward to FM7? PC player and looking to try Forza for the first time? Do you think FM7 can match its sim racing rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

"In a bid by Microsoft to encourage more users towards the Windows 10 platform"

That ruled the game out immediately.

"In a bid by Microsoft to encourage more users towards the Windows 10 platform"

That ruled the game out immediately.

Me too, Last Forza I liked was Forza 3 very good for a "casual" sim. Borrowed the limited car set Forza 4 edition from a mate and for some reason I just didn't get on with it. Havn't got a XBone so no 5+6. And no win10 so no Apex. So no 7 for me wither, shame as it does look gorgeous (as it should). I also doubt the physics will be on a par with anything on PC.

The same way PC2 is called "simcade" from just pictures?
If you say so:rolleyes:. But most sensible folks judge simcade racing games by their physics and FFB etc that's why PC1 got slated and labelled.
Hopefully this Forza will again outshine Pcars 2. It looks like it will on the graphics front. Still interested in how it can be called arcade from these screen grabs though.

I hope for a PC DVD or Steam version. A 70, 80 GB download only on Microsoft store.......NO!!!
Unfortunately that is not going to happen. With the play anywhere, you are tied to the ecosystem.
I understand some hesitancy on trying Win 10, but I think its really good and a step above any of the previous versions. I wouldn't go back. So I think I will give this a try as a time filler when I don't feel like firing up my rig and putting on the VR headset.

Ah Forza, the franchise that has broken more wheels ever. I'm not exagerating, all my friends on xbox including myself (1 Fanatec and 2 Thrustmaster) saw our wheel broken. 2 years on PC and not a single problem. Just saying. By the way one thrusmaster holds the record lasting just 90 minutes.
The geat achieve of Forza is the stability solid 60 FPS but face it, Forza is what it is and never going to be a different thing. If you enjoy Forza 6 or Apex then go for Forza 7, cause is gonna be pretty much the same in the core.

I hope for a better performance than apex...
Tried that and my CPU couldn't do more than 35 fps because the engine thought it would be fun to run the decryption (their copy protection) and the whole game more or less only on core 1.
I even OCed my I7 2600k to 4.9 GHz but it wasn't enough...
If it runs on fluid 60 fps on PC I will buy it. I really love to drift around fujimi-kaido with a friend on my old xbox 360. Would be a blast to do that on PC over internet!

Just out of interest, how can a racing game look "arcade" from these pics? I am intrigued to know.

From the first video - the 919 racing through a fictional mountain circuit. The Mazda LMP racing through the Nurburgring. In the second video, "Press Y to rewind" isn't great, and I think it's safe to say those physics are not accurate. Attachment 4 again shows them racing up the overly exaggerated fictional mountain circuit.

Forza is an arcade game. Always has been, always will be. And that's just fine. Asking "How do you know Forza is arcade?" is like asking "How do you know the next Ferrari F1 car will be red?". It's a no brainer.

The question is whether this arcade game will be worth buying. I owned Forza 3-5 and they were fine, but they got really DLC heavy for 5 and 6 and started reselling you content you already bought, and that's where I drew the line. I don't mind DLC, I actually support DLC, but Forza 6 was a farce. Some of the car models are the same ones from 5 - with the same model issues, same mapping issues. So you're to pay for the same content again. And then they'll sell you a season pass, that doesn't include about a third of the content. Isn't that what a pass was meant to do!?

Forza drives great. It is an arcade game. Always has been, always will be. But the over reliance on Microsoft transactions, reselling you the same content and removing features has turned it into the racing version of the Sims. It's also moving further away from being motorsport related with every generation, and is merging into what Forza Horizons was doing. This announcement is disappointing.

I already own an Xbox One S. Unlike most, I do actually like my Xbox. And I'm a huge car fan, so this game should be a must-buy. But I'm not interested in rebuying Forza 5 and 6 content again and again, and end up paying over £100 for the same game. I'm not interested in 4K (jesus, MS pushed 4k), and I don't need to move to Windows 10. But Forza has lost its way, and no amount of lightning flashes in the sky will change that for me.

For me, the best of the Forza/Gran Turismo series was Gran Turismo 2. It knew what it was trying to do (apart from the rally, that wasn't fun). Ever since then we've just been rehashing the same thing over and over again with no real improvement. I'd love if they went back to the basics and looked at GT2 as a base again. Just my opinion.

I really want this to be good but I must admit I got a sinking feeling after watching the E3 videos and others. I may be wrong (really? me?) but I got a strong feeling of Forza 6/Apex + some wonderful graphics, animations etc etc. Still being brake-checked by the AI into corners, same buzzy engine sounds, same insta-spins on corner exit (watch Billy Strange racing the trucks around Mugello) and unfortunately a pretty hefty minimum hardware requirement for PC users. I hope they release a demo version...

Eh looks good, but nowadays too many race games almost the same content, hope sth. new...:thumbsup:

Yep, visuals and content are starting to converge a lot on the latest titles. GT3 everywhere, a few high profile cars like the BAC Mono or some LMPs, weather, fictional road tracks and of course Nords can't be missing either.

I wish instead of this crazy mix of items someone else but Codemasters would take on a real-life championship series in that detail. Maybe GTR3 will scratch that need.

I see the lead character is female, I wonder what is the percentage of female players on xbox live, that actually play racing games. My understanding is that most female games players would rather play the Sims or some puzzle type game.

I do understand that the female games playing market is not at saturation point unlike male games players, so I suppose the big boys need to try and attract more female players to help increase console and games sales.

I suppose this is a good thing, however most females have zero interest in sports and would rather waste time watching soaps than wasting time playing games. ;-)

I see the lead character is female, I wonder what is the percentage of female players on xbox live, that actually play racing games. My understanding is that most female games players would rather play the Sims or some puzzle type game.

I do understand that the female games playing market is not at saturation point unlike male games players, so I suppose the big boys need to try and attract more female players to help increase console and games sales.

I suppose this is a good thing, however most females have zero interest in sports and would rather waste time watching soaps than wasting time playing games. ;-)

The woman in the video may as well be wearing body paint, I've never seen or had racing overalls that are that tight fitting. Or perhaps I just don't see the point in that advertising gimmick but that wouldn't positively influence my interest in Forza. And no, I don't want to play the sims, or a puzzle game, or waste time watching soaps when I should be preparing to stay up 24 hours this weekend for.....now what was that race called? "Le"-something? Oh gosh sports are hard.

Forza 7 will build on from 6 in terms of gameplay but with any luck they've added decent wheel support and feedback now it is also moving to PC. I'll be preordering the ultimate edition as soon as it arrives on the digital store, these games offer plenty of value per £ and importantly all the features and multiplayer works from day 1, not a year or so later if ever. If the wheel feedback is something like DiRT4 or even closing on Assetto Corsa I'll be very happy.

I think people will already know these things but:

Y to rewind can be switched off. It is an accessibility feature that is all. Remember this is a game that aims to be playable by all, it's the Top Gear of car games I think they are honest about that. Horizon is the entry level game, toy cars if you want and to capture the imagination of the next generation and wow is it fun with the kids.

It isn't a Female lead character but you can choose a female driver, this has been in the game since Forza 5 I think. They are doing their bit to make games more equal, regardless of the numbers of women playing.

Forza is a good racing game, online races with friends can be surprising fun. We have plenty of super serious PC simulators so I see this as a good thing, in fact I think we are in a golden age for driving games of all types.

If you say so:rolleyes:. But most sensible folks judge simcade racing games by their physics and FFB etc that's why PC1 got slated and labelled.
Hopefully this Forza will again outshine Pcars 2. It looks like it will on the graphics front. Still interested in how it can be called arcade from these screen grabs though.

Sharp eyed readers will see I said PC2 and not PC1. So how many Forzas have outshone an unreleased game so far Andy??

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your post when there have been many slating PC2s physics from pictures and vids.

And if you think any Forza outshone PC1 in the physics and ffb department then that is laughable.

There is no lead character. There isn't even a character - it's just a driving game. They choose to model both male and female bodies, and choose to show that one because we knew the male one would be in, so they show off a feature. It isn't a major feature, but there's nothing wrong with inclusion. Most will just choose the male model and then forget the female one is even there, but it's nice to offer the choice when you're playing as yourself. Male, female, black white, asian, young old. It's nice to have choices, and it adds a little bit of character.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%