PC1 FORZA 5 is going to kick Pcars into the long grass.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unless WMD manage to make super big changes in my opinion. Just had a go on my son's Xbox one and FORZA 5 and I was blown away. The sounds, the graphics and the details are amazing. I normally hate the consoles but I might buy myself one now. PCars is going to have to go some to match Forza 5 in all departments. Honestly the game is fluid smooth and very polished. If Pcars can match it, then I will be buying the release version.

I wish Forza 5 was available on the PC.

As Bram as stated above, I have moved on and I agree to disagree. I prefer proper sims, not simcade. So Happy new year and be happy in whatever you play.

Sorry Bram, but hopefully this will be the end of the trolling.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

xmas-smiley-045.gif

You just had to kick back the life into the controversial threads after a month of inactivity eh?

And now the trolling from both sides continues again. Well done!

Just agree to disagree and move along as the two / three / four of you will never find a compromise.

I hadn't visited the site for a while and saw I had alerts so I checked out the "alerts" and replied. If that's your opinion on this discussion then maybe the site shouldn't have the system of "alerts".

As Bram as stated above, I have moved on and I agree to disagree. I prefer proper sims, not simcade. So Happy new year and be happy in whatever you play.

Sorry Bram, but hopefully this will be the end of the trolling.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

xmas-smiley-045.gif

I prefer proper sims too, and I am blissfully happy with what I'm playing at the moment. Strange how you say my post was trolling when really the original post was a massive troll post. Irony? Never mind eh?

I prefer proper sims too, and I am blissfully happy with what I'm playing at the moment. Strange how you say my post was trolling when really the original post was a massive troll post. Irony? Never mind eh?

Agreed. The original post on this post was obviously trolling to get a reaction. Bram's post really lets folk reading this know how anti pCARS this site is.

For fans of pCARS; don't waste your time posting here. It will only end in a flame war. Stick to WMD forums. At least we know how to be civilised there.

If you mean this post?

Yeah, there is really a lot of hate towards pCars in that post isn't it? #bazinga

Simple fact is that in this subforum there hasn't been a single thread started that stayed on topic for almost a year now. Its member X posting something with member Y trolling it and vice versa.

Just release the game so we can race it and you'll see how much we hate it when we open the racing club and leagues. Just like we hated GTR2 and the Shift series for the last couple of years.

Still remember a certain GTR2 GT & NGT League that we hated so hard that it almost had 100 drivers fighting for a spot to get in it.

I know you have a Forza 5 section, but this post is relating to how I find Pcars at this present time in comparison. So with respect I think this conversation fits in well here and as more members compare the 2 games, the discussion can go forward. It's no different than any other Pcars thread comparing to other race sims is it? If someone compares Pcars to AC, would you tell them to go and carry on their conversation in the AC section?
A strong point in the argument is your not even testing pCARS Andy so you don't know how it has changed. Then to create a thread as if you are making an impartial and informed thought into a thread title. I will agree that The Forza and Gran Turismo franchises of titles have sold mega copies and lead the industry in sales. If our sales numbers can be mentioned in the same sentence as Forza's that may imply a great success for pCARS. As for Game Play we have 11 or so months to make our final determinations. Also remember just how long Polyphony and Turn 10 have been engaged in the development of these franchise of titles 21 years for Gran Turismo and 12 years for Forza?

Last edited:
Andy - your posts to some average Joe like me come across as particularly vitriolic to pCars and it doesn't make you look good. Of course you're perfectly entitled to say what you don't like, but the frequency of it is quite perplexing. Do you have an axe to grind? My advice would be to let it go and enjoy the things you enjoy. As the late, great Mandela once said "bitterness is like swallowing a poison pill - and waiting for the other person to die."

"Just finished running in the Formula A and absolutely loved it!! Superb, superb work has been done and giant strides towards the end game. One very happy bunny here so i hope everyone else enjoys driving it."
Latest build feedback. Yes Ben Collins is paid by SMS. But his feedback is always most frank - and most honest. He certainly says what he thinks.

I always liked.
Let sleeping dogs lie !!!

So please lets not start again.. :)

I completely agree and did leave the sleeping dog. I will evaluate the finished game when it is released. By the way Birdogg I am able to test it and I regularly do. And even the latest build has not changed enough for me. So let's leave it or were you bored and fancied opening up the discussion again? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I completely agree and did leave the sleeping dog. I will evaluate the finished game when it is released. By the way Birdogg I am able to test it and I regularly do. And even the latest build has not changed enough for me. So let's leave it or were you bored and fancied opening up the discussion again? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't see any lap times posted that is why I come to this conclusion. I will go as far as seek out how much involvement one has and that is all.
Anyway my take on the subject in a fun and entertaining kind of way

I don't see any lap times posted that is why I come to this conclusion. I will go as far as seek out how much involvement one has and that is all.
Anyway my take on the subject in a fun and entertaining kind of way

I dislike the physics so much that I can't bare to finish a whole lap. It is that bad in my opinion. I keep having a look but no, it's still not very good. I live in hope though. For now, AC and GSC fulfil my racing and are far better in every way in my opinion. So just for you, my free involvement in Pcars is lacking coz it's poo.
Anyway my take on the subject in a fun and entertaining way.

I dislike the physics so much that I can't bare to finish a whole lap. It is that bad in my opinion. I keep having a look but no, it's still not very good. I live in hope though. For now, AC and GSC fulfil my racing and are far better in every way in my opinion. So just for you, my free involvement in Pcars is lacking coz it's poo.

You'll like this then!

To be serious once more, what SMS, KS, iRacing and all the other "small" developers are doing is sensational generally. If you look at the poor quality of some aspets of BF4 and CoD4 -- the latter whose MP is quite simply porked -- these independent studios creating and running products off their own in-house developed engines is to be applauded and encouraged. I see Star Citizen is in development along with the latest "Elite" -- kickstarted with brand new and independently-produced gaming engines. They are all kicking sand in the faces of the big traditional "publishers" whose sales will probably start to wane soon. Let's hear it for the indys.

I see Star Citizen is in development along with the latest "Elite" -- kickstarted with brand new and independently-produced gaming engines. They are all kicking sand in the faces of the big traditional "publishers" whose sales will probably start to wane soon. Let's hear it for the indys.

Now you are talking. I am more interested in these two games than anything else in the whole world. I can't wait. Been following both and I have invested in Elite Dangerous too. Yes siree.............:):thumbsup:

Your hardware setup must really suck if it's that bad if you have an older computer that is creating a ton of lag I can understand your feelings. It runs fluidly for me and can run lap after lap. I suggest if you have a friend with a top notch setup try that for fun and see if it is any different for you? Of course I might be wrong since we don't have signatures added here with every post.

Your hardware setup must really suck if it's that bad if you have an older computer that is creating a ton of lag I can understand your feelings. It runs fluidly for me and can run lap after lap. I suggest if you have a friend with a top notch setup try that for fun and see if it is any different for you? Of course I might be wrong since we don't have signatures added here with every post.

Nothing wrong with my tackle Mr Dog. I don't know where you got your idea about lag and smoothness from. I have just built a new gaming rig, top of the line everything but it does not matter what I do, new GTX 780's in SLI too, latest Haswell CPU, all on SSD's and I have 3 27" monitors in 1080p but still Pcars drives terrible. Must be the physics. ;):D:)

Nothing wrong with my tackle Mr Dog. I don't know where you got your idea about lag and smoothness from. I have just built a new gaming rig, top of the line everything but it does not matter what I do, new GTX 780's in SLI too, latest Haswell CPU, all on SSD's and I have 3 27" monitors in 1080p but still Pcars drives terrible. Must be the physics. ;):D:)

Oh so you drive with a gamepad? LOL

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years