Forums will be upgraded today

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
There will be some expected downtime on the forums today as we are going to upgrade the software to the most recent and stable version.

Shouldn't take long but in case we never comeback online: was nice knowing you all. :thumbsup:

Thingies that need to be fixed after the upgrade:
- Breadcrumbs
- Last post info
- Post reply button (needs some restyling)
- Forum category styling
- User details (and login) in the top bar
- Navigation bar links
- User markup/ribbons premium members and staff
- Maincontent white background

That latter is not possible as long as RDLMS and STC are running that insist on having 402830131 different rooms running for all the teams unless there is a way to show ts channels in collapsed state :)

Twitter and name I have included already in the top post and will bring them back asap but need to rework A LOT of templates :D

Gonna be a long day :D

I need a break, getting square eyes. With exception of the general post buttons and tabs all should be more or less as it was.

One small bug is in the top bar where the private messages are shown as the red alert balloons won't show up for now but ill try to fix that later on.

The locked status of threads not showing (nor stickies).

Though there might not be many around at the moment, maybe I can't see any as they expire anyway. It makes me wonder whether the blue Redirect symbol is working or not when merging/moving threads. So that will be worth testing with a dummy thread.

I think its done now. Only need a confirmation that the red text balloons for conversations and alerts are working for all user groups.

This was quite a bit of work as i have tried to group all template changes (that sometimes need reverting after an upgrade) into one file now.

We expect one more maintenance update for the software in the coming 3 to 4 months after which version v1.2 will be released with new forum features and other cool stuff. Really looking forward to that but for now we up to date again and more stable as quite some bugs have been addressed by the forum software developers.

Hehe ..... you have confused me tonight. :)

1/ I told a guy to actually upload his mod, as there was no link.

2/ Then he said the link is under version history tab in the thread

3/ I said it's actually a design change and now it's in the Overview tab of the thread

4/ I thought, oh dear there are going to be lots of 'Where's the link?'; posts

5/ I create a new thread explaining with a picture where everything is now

6/ I go to the mod thread, and now a new green download button has appeared in the discussion tab! :rolleyes:

7/ It clicks that Bram is still playing webmaster ..... so I move my explanation thread to the archive

8/ Sod this! ...... I am off to bed! ;) :D

Hyper link seem to be playing up with its colours in the insert box, ive had fully blue with no text and grey with text. and fully grey no text..

Just been linking the league stuff for GTL
im using chrome, it seems to be slower again when navigating round the site compared to explorer

Edit.. it appears chrome is slow full stop on all the websites i visit:(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing