1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Forum question: Why no GRID or DiRT1/2 subforums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by JenkinsTR, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Title pretty much says all... Recently i have been modding GRID, adding ALL cars to demolition derby mode, plus adding more (hopefully ALL soon) tracks to the same game mode.

I also started an EGO Engine Modding Wiki, documenting things that i learnt while modding.
    http://ego-engine.wikispaces.com

Am i to understand that the only sub forums here are for games you guys run tournaments for? Or is it because of popular demand or something? :confused:

Just curious lol :rolleyes:

-Jenkins

2. My guess would be that they're not really sims, there's no dedicated server support, so no organized multiplayer races, so not many people here are interested in it.

3. Alright thanks man... I guess i kinda figured that anyway.. :/

Actually i have a suggestion then;
    Make a sub forum that covers every other racing game that doesn't have it's own sub forum.
    I love simulation racing games as much as i love arcade fictional type racing games.
    Even a "Misc Racers" or something to that effect might be more popular than you would expect, i'm not sure though i haven't been here long enough to see what kind of demographic of racers you have visit here.

Anyways cheers for the answer :)

-Jenkins

4. Oh nice thanks man! Didn't see that all tucked away haha.. :D

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

6. so as not to waste a new thread! can i ask why for f1 2010/11 you have a - The Game next to it, it really doesn't look right, F1 2010 looks far better, my opinion though! lol!

7. Bram

Bram

because thats the title for the game :)

8. It just says Formula 1 2010 on my box, the website it's hosted on is F1-The Game! ;)

9. Bram

Bram

Thousands of people found their way to our F1 2010 The Game forum the last months so I think it's pretty okay :)

Secondly renaming forums has a serious impact on SEO

10. he he, i'm just being picky! lol ignore me!

11. I don't want to start a whole new thread to ask, but seeing as we currently have a DiRT3 subforum, I am wondering if there was ever a DiRT 2 subforum, or only the official DiRT2 thread in the "other games" forum.

12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Dirt 2 never really got going enough to move it out to its own subforum. Dirt 3 may change that with any luck.