rF2 Formula2 @ Mid Ohio - Sunday January 13th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Can u please post a good setting for this race plz? tnx
There's a very good one in the setup's area of this part of the forum. It's what I've based my setup on and I've never gone faster.

I can't remember what it's it called so you have to download all of them, but don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds.
IIRC, there is only 2 or 3 setups for this combo.

Thanks again guys, good evenning with you, as usual now.

I wasn't going to join you but this afternoon I tried the track and that wasn't that bad for me, I had to learn fast & set the car up, thx to Matt for your setup on the download section, BIG HELP.

Qualy : Not a good S1 so 1 09 1xx. Pôle position on a close grid.
Race : I knew if I had a good start and put a gap during the first two laps that would be easier later, so I was focused on it and I realise that, the second lap wasn't good and Axel was closer. I decided to not watch the gap, and tried to not make my usual mistake tonight. Some laps were very "soft" to avoid any mistake, I felt better after the mid race and I decided to push a little more, I made some little mistakes, costing me only some tenths and crossing the line 7 sec before Axel.

That was not an easy combo and that's why some drivers were in trouble I guess.
See you guys.

A bit of a frustrating night for me.
First I got no free lap in q and collided with Aldo which I really tried to avoid, but we had huge entry-speed differences on some corners ;( Also damaged my car further on the remaining lap to start from way back :mad:

Race started awful with someone starting and than stranding in front of me which wasn't really avoidable for me, allthough I understand that as there was no go-sound signal which usually should be there, which sucks tremendously... so absolutly no worries from my side here.

Car was surprisingly still intact, even after contact with Ali who presumably did not see me after I went to the inside after the long straight :( I really await the day the collision physics in the game finally make some sense to enable some proper online racing.
On the first couple of laps I saw 2 guys touching wheels and than just skyrocketing straight into the sky ! Mission control would have been proud of their launch if that would have been NasaFactor 2 :D

I tried to close the gap to first Sean and then Jan for the rest of the race and when I finally reached Jan I had one lap to try to overtake him but that did not succeed and than the race ended too early for me.
Atleast I've squeezed out the fastest racelap (1.08,7) towards the end and got some racing out of it for the last minute with Jan, so it wasn't that bad ^^

Qualified in 8’th after a lousy lap again, some 1.5s of my qualifying test runs.
1 lap quali is just not my kind of session I guess…

At the race start I unfortunately turned M Brown around in T1. I’m really sorry for that man not my intention at all but I had nowhere to go when you committed to the corner. :redface:

I re-joined in 12’th (or so) and fought the way back up.
I had some nice laps slowly catching up to Sean Greenlaw who suddenly made a small error running wide, and then Dino started to apply pressure from behind slowly catching me every lap. :thumbsup:

The checker flag came in the exact right moment for me to save the 5’th place. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back