1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Formula V12 @ Montreal 1988 - Sun 13th April 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

All assists will be available. Please use them! These vehicles are difficult - to avoid unnecessary incidents please practise beforehand and use the assists according to your driving ability. No need to cause an incident because you overestimate your ability in these beasts.

Track: Montreal 1988
    When: Sunday 13th April 2014

Race 1
    19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:15 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap)
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 1 : 20 mins

Race 2
    19:55 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:10 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap )
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 2 : 20 mins

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server Password: click here
    Racing Rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and the person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

1. Andrew James
    2. Jörn Horbelt
    3. Tobias Liesaus
    4. Jan Kokemüller
    5. Kevin Ryan
    6. Lou Sytsma
    7. Paul Hurlow
    8. Yuri Kasdorp
    9. James Bolton
    10. Burim Bunjaku
    11. Keith Griffall
    12. Daniel Lee
    13. Matt Richards
    14. Colin J. Fleming
    15. Pete Bone
    16. Davy Vandevenne
    17. Damien Wintz
    18. Allan Groth
    19. Morne Du Plooy
    20. Tuomas Lankinen
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. bömii

Premium Member

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. totally in :)
  4. Sign me up, please!
  5. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Just a note the V12's have launch control, you can map a button to it.
    1. On the start line push the button and hold it (you will see it engages 1st gear)
    2. Press the gas to the max
    3. Wait for the start and release the button and your off. Zooooom away
    As far as I can see (only tested it once) it will automatically work up the gears until the end of the launch sequence.
  6. Yeah,yeah zoom away...into the wall ! :roflmao: I'd join but before that i'd definately need some tips on how to make it less nervous under (full) throttle. And more pracitce. Atm it's much too nervous for my liking or skill. I've set sensitivity to the lowest possible, yet still it goes berserk and i feel i'm losing a lot of time trying to make it go. Especially in 2nd and 3rd gear... Ay tips on how to stabilize it under throttle in lower gears ? I can somewhat manage it after 3rd gear. Thanks
  7. Nox

Staff Premium Member

You can try short shifting into third/fourth, I found that helped a little, and if it's too twitchy don't be ashamed to pop on a few assists - they will be available. I know I'll be using some.
  8. Yeah, right now short shifting is helping me while trying to figure out in what rpm range it tends to become loose...but i'm still struggling with controlling the car and i can only do a low 22. I believe this is quite off the pace. Anyway, will let you know if i'll join. Don't count me in right now. :)
  9. PaulH

Premium Member

Sign me up, I'll give these bad boys ago! :thumbsup:

*edit, sorry cant make Sunday, out drinking that day :whistling:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  10. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan
    Premium Member

Sign me up
  11. Count me in
  12. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Hi Tranch, glad to have a new racer! You'll need to check the rules and get your license here first. Once you get the license, I'll sign you up :thumbsup:
  13. Ah Montreal. Have great memories of going to this track back in the day to watch the F1 races. Sadly it has not helped my times. I don't what it is about Game StockCar but I run so much slower on this sim than any other. Thank goodness it's such a fun sim to run.

Andrew, please sign me up.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PaulH

Premium Member

Andrew can you sign me back up, got my weeks wrong, thought this week was easter weekend, so I'm available to race, sorry to mess you about :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yuri

Yuri 'I get custom nicknames' Kasdorp Premium Member

sign me up for this! it's going to be a challenge:thumbsup:
  16. This thing is not a beast, it's something more
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. where I find the circuit montrealñ 88
  18. Nox

Staff Premium Member

It's a default track; make sure you've updated GSC to the latest version.
  19. What you guys think is a decent lap time for this? Just wondering
  20. Nox

Staff Premium Member

We don't discuss lap-times :)