1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula V10 - automatic transmission?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by rocafella1978, Aug 22, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium Member

hi all, just curious, i have everything set to manual, but the Formula V10 changes transmission automatically? is that wanted or a bug? or are the vehicles setup in AMS like that?? thanks. (or is there another setting?)

2. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

The real-life vehicle also had automatic transmission.
    That is why it is on by default.

You can turn it off in the car setup screens

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  3. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium Member

thank you! i did not know that, appreciate it.

4. Pretty sure it was auto upshifts but manual downshifts in the real car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium Member

yes, correct read all about it today, educating myself, thanks again guys, really neat information.

6. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

yep. just like AMS default settings ...

7. They also ran TC then too, so I wouldn't recommend not running it, that is also in car setup and on by default, not the ingame "assists".

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've found the auto upshift is pretty nice and after they added manual upshift override I tend to use it most of the time with the V10. It only has a downside where you get the car upshifting a second before a braking zone, a situation where you might likely instead let the revs ride beyond the optimal shift point.

I know that if Reiza wanted to go for a year later than the one they chose they might have been faced with the pre-selected auto-downshift thing which woulda been very interested to play with.