1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Two: 2013 Season Cancelled

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Tom, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. :(

3. Is the Formula Renault series more popular?

4. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

:( +1

5. To be honest, this isn't too much of a surprise. A motorracing series with hardly any media presence cannot survive. And this has been proven many times, long before the F2 was (re-)launched.

The FIA single-seater commission will need to figure out a way to make junior series more popular, or we'll run out of drivers for F1 soon.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The F2 did a great job in not having any kind of publicity at all so I am not surprised by this news.

It would be nice if the FIA changes the names of the series so that GP2 and GP3 can be ranked as F2 and F3 so the way to Formula One makes sense. (Or re-name F1 to GP1 of course).

7. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  8. As far as I know FIA doesn't run GP2 and GP3, so these 2 series can't be named F2 and F3. Only series run by the FIA are allowed to have the "Formula" name.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Dunno what is wrong with GP2 tbh, good racing, cars which move around and need to be driven, just need more TV coverage, as usual.

FWIW I thought the F2 cars were more boring than watching paint dry when I saw them at Brands Hatch sadly......I wont miss them at least.

10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Logycal considering they had no followers at all, FSR videos had 10x views than a real competition called Formula 2...