1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Truck @ Jacarepaguà - Friday 28th June 2013

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Event Details
    Tracks: Jacarepaguà
    Fixed view: Cockpit

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be online all week to practice.
    • 20:00 Practice
    • 20:45 Qualification
    • 21:00 Race 15 minute race
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Rupe Wilson
    2. Scott Webber
    3. Bram Hengeveld
    4. Davy Vandevenne
    5. Andreas Scholz
    6. Cedric Germain
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

singing up nice and Early :)
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Sorry sign me out :thumbsdown:
  4. ahh diddums... maybe next time :)........Sign me up :D

Server is up Rupe Wilson
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Harlem Shake lonely Mother trucker
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am in for some Friday truckin'
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Me Too.
    Sign me up. Please

Come on guys, lets make this a full grid race:D
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Please sign me up.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Please sign me up :)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Hell yes that was great fun, :D I had made some good improvements with my driving over the last few attempts in this sim.:roflmao:
    And our 3 way battle was real good fun, and in the true spirit of club racing hard but fair.:thumbsup:
    Our lap times were real close even with Calum's turbo push to pass button:p
    All in all a great night and the added bonus of a second race..:thumbsup:

lets keep this going... There is real potential for good racing in this sim in the iron beast's

Keep trucking mother truckers catch you on the flip side.. 10-10 over and out..:O_o:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sign me up. Please
  12. this event has already happened
  13. Hi guys,

it was nice to be part to this club event.
    I was not really fast, I noticed there is huge difference between some drivers and me :D
    Davy Vandevenne: amazing times!!! how do you do it???

I have really big problems with the control of those truck, in general, they are sliding way too much in my opinion, or I don't have the adequat setups... I don't know.

I have an other question: are you guys driving:
    - with sequential or H gears box?
    - with clutch auto or manuel? (do the Formula truck drivers in reality use the clutch or not?)

It's sad that there isn't a lot of people at those event. With more people at start, I would have more chance to find people with the same level of driving, and then it would be more fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Cedric Germain,
    Hello i was like you 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was nearly on a default setup, only steering lock and brakes,
    Bram did give a set up out for all the tracks in the Ford truck found HERE have a look at the replay and watch the fast guys and see where they brake and look for what gear there in and try to copy it.
    As i found some guys are just quick and no matter how much a practice i cant keep up (thats life)

but i have been dropping a couple of seconds of my time from watching them..
    i use sequential box and manual clutch... for me this works...its all down to personal taste..
    the only time i use the clutch is off the start or when im crashing to stop the engine form stalling.
    Just give a good blip of gas on the down-shifts. Go into the corners slow and drive through them..
    3rd gear on really tight corners, most of the corners in this event i was in 4th or 5th the engine has so much grunt it pulls you out real good with less spin..

hope this helps...:)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

You'll get used to it, there is not a lot you can do with set up's really but fiddling around with the roll bars can help turn in and keeping the rear in check. I'm sure some of the other guys would be able to help more with regards to actual driving technique.

Depending on how much time I'll have to practise I sometimes use the sequential without the clutch or the H-Pattern with the clutch. The real drivers use the h-pattern and clutch but I'm not really familiar with right foot braking so I struggle a bit.

To use the clutch properly you'd need to download the "GrindingTranny" mod as that effect is not implemented in the game for some reason.

The sim is brilliant, but I think a lot of people find it too hard, they would much rather drive around in there FWD than do something that actually challenges them :(
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks guys for your feedback.
    I didn't know this "GrindingTranny" mod and it's very welcome. Indeed I noticed that the clutch was not realistic.

Yes I have to practice and practice again... see you next time :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.