1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Truck @ Interlagos - Sunday 12th May 2013

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, May 5, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    Event Details
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Tracks: Interlagos GP
    Fixed view: Cockpit

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:45 Qualification
    • 19:55 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Claudio Gandolfi
    2. Warren Dawes
    3. Bram Hengeveld
    4. Calum McLure
    5. Tristan Clark
    6. Davy Vandevenne
    7. Guus Verver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yes please. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Me too :)

5. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I'll be there

6. Staying up late to watch the Formula 1 or getting up early to race trucks? Man life is difficult! Can I be a maybe? Might have to record the F1 I reckon

• Like Like x 3
  7. it's a hard choice m8 :p glad im not in your position :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

Yeah, you may need to...:rolleyes:

9. forgot to say the server is online! has been for a couple of days.

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

:confused:
    But the track seems to be set to Jacerapagua ??

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bram

Bram

Fixed, my bad :)

12. Sign me up.

13. sign me up please

14. Bram

Bram

Nice, lets go guys :) 5 minutes left to go and it seems we have a proper group of racers :thumbsup:

15. Bram

Bram

16. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Bram Hengeveld

I am just learning this, I don't know the tracks ... but I know Interlagos well.

It 's challenging after F1

Anyway I have only just seen your tag, surely this race is half over?

17. Bram

Bram

Well you did great ;) Good fun guys, thanks for joining

18. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Heaps of truckin fun again, still on a steep learning curve with this one.

Decided to try learning a new truck each event, so took the VW out this time, still one of the more docile trucks though.
    Actually managed to run most of the race in P2 after Guus' spectacular bingle up the home straight. Had fun for a while over the closing laps when Davy and Guus caught up and blew me away up that long climb past the pits. Those Mercs have some serious speed when they wind up. ;)

Race 2 was hilarious. Graham and I managed to demonstrate our newbyness off the start line by jumping early, tricking a couple of others into receiving stop n go penalties too. Pit lane was a procession of trucks after lap 1, but Graham and I then had to follow each other through the pits again for more infringements. I then found I was still showing a stop n go penalty, so it was off to the pits again, but this time Bram followed me in whilst explaining how to complete the penalty. After finally getting back to racing again, Bram and I came out in the middle of the main bunch and got to see some very funny spinning and smoking from Calum (and Davy I think), which tested our truck dodging skills. Thanks to Bram for the fun close racing and the helpful lessons over the last half of the race.
    All good fun, truck racing is nothing like car racing, but very interesting / challenging.

Grats to Bram and Guus for their wins.

Looks like I have to try one of the heavier (and more tricky) trucks next time. :redface::p

• Like Like x 2
  19. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Funny, only 2 minutes ago as I watching the replays, especially of the 2nd race, I had to laugh when I saw just how bad a jump start I got, because I didn't understand the penalty at the time, I was sure that I hadn't rolled backwards, so was confused, I was also too busy to realise that there was a major crash behind me at turn 1

I went in to serve my drive through, and got another one for speeding in the pit lane. :whistling:

It was great fun though, the trucks are interesting to drive. The race is not too long, the two 20 min sessions work well. Bram just needs more info on time zones and when they get dark .... ;)

Looking at those replays though, I think I may have put myself at a disadvantage by using the H shifter and manual clutch ...... It certainly did in race one, when I pulled the stick back into 4th, and the whole gearbox module of the G27 came off my desk, and was left dangling in my hand. Not so good when approaching turn 1 at a rate of knots ... :D

So thanks for the racing guys, actually my 1st on RD, I enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 3