1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Formula Truck 2013 v1.25 released

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Reiza Studios have released a new version of Formula Truck 2013 on Steam bringing the PC simulator up to version 1.25. For non-Steam users a full updated installer will be coming up soon.

• Added Salvador Street Circuit
    General features / Bug Fixes
    • Added option to set session start time (24h cycle);
    • Added options to switch qualifying off and manually set grid position;
    • Fixed trackside flags animation;
    • Added support for graphical steering wheel rotation adjustment from the Controller menu (min 180º max 900º);
    • Adjusted default rearview height / width;
    • Minimum vertical FOV setting adjusted from 35º to 10º (IMPORTANT - Don´t use DEFAULT option as it resets to 34 upon restarting the game - set it to 50 if you want the proper default value);
    • Executable now is set to include +fullproc by default (for better performance in modern CPUs);
    • Adjusted LOD settings for all Trucks;
    • Increased rear view mirror resolution;
    • Updated terrain shaders & textures for Cascavel, Londrina, Spielberg and Tarumã;
    • Fixed missing Sector points at Jacarepagua 2005;
    • Improved AI racing lines for Brasilia Long, Jacarepagua 2005 & Cordoba;
    • Fixed road line alpha sorting issue with 3d grass at Buenos Aires, Goiania & Spielberg.
    • Added a default player profile (if you already have created a profile you might have to switch back to it from the PROFILE menu);
    • If field of view in-cockpit is too close, check DEFAULT Vertical FOV so it is not set to DEFAULT value (set it to 50 if you want the proper default value);
    • If you have created a new player profile and are experiencing the graphical microstutterinmg, open your USERDATA\Playername\Playername.PLR, and look for these lines:
    Shadow Updates="127" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
    Sky Update Frames="8" // Frames between sky and light updates

Change it to:

Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
    Sky Update Frames="150" // Frames between sky and light updates
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Wow, I bet the trucks are tough around Salvador. Can't wait to try it. Thanks Reiza!
  3. maybe someone wish join online... look guys for race. I opened group in STEAM group name is "FTruck"
  4. Incredibly tough, no room for mistakes or you'll be hugging the walls.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sky

Painter of Things Premium Member

6. Does time now progress in Formula Truck? I've had the impression this is the case since the update. If it does, is there a way to turn this off (as it's resource heavy, in GSC it is)?
  7. Nice update, changed FOV back to 50 as instructed, but seems like I'm almost sitting on the floor of the truck, really low position, barely able to see over the wheel.
    I know I can change it (and did) but newcomers might not know and think "this is horrible!".
  8. Tempted to buy it just for the Salvador streetcircuit.. Visited there many times.
  9. To me its slightly less resource heavy than GSCE. Uses the same engine but I think its a few updates behind in graphic features.

I use FOV 50 on Formula Truck and GSCE. I prefer it. The truck steering wheel can get in the way in of your view in Formula Truck, but you can disable the steering wheel in the graphics options.
  10. Hi Blkout,
    You know of a way of turning off time progression?
  11. Not off-hand. I guess its never bothered me.
  12. budlix

Wheel Rotator Premium Member

Do it! Make that sin! [evil-laugh]
  13. I waiting to come with the updated trucks to the 2015 season and we are still in 2013 :thumbsdown:
  14. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Yes, that's right - the game is from 2013 and yet two years later Reiza are still releasing free updates when they have no obligation to do so.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Two words, licensing minefield...
  16. I know how it must be annoying to settle on gaming licenses but two years without any updates is already a lot for a lender that has everything to grow with a job that for me is the most beautiful !! The way is to wait even
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Will FTruck be getting a sync program like GSC, or are we re-downloading 3.5GB?
  18. Nox

Staff Premium Member

It is on Steam, so it will auto-update
  19. Not for everyone. You can get it to Steam, but it is not needed.

So, that's why update program is needed.
  20. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Well with GSC non steam installs, Reiza released update .rar files, so perhaps they'll also do that, not sure.