1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Truck 2013 Released

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Bram, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Formula Truck 2013 Released

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    Kylotonn Games

Where am I supposed to find all the time to play all these race games.......

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I seemed to of found the time after i had a few races..:p
    I can see the headlines already...
    R3E delayed......
    "Yep were working on it" ...
    Honk honk, just one more lap.......:roflmao::roflmao:

but i don't have a busy schedule so fair point, but it is good to unwind every now and again and having a truck to do it in is real good fun..:)

4. DrKruntz

DrKruntz
    Premium Member

Great job Reiza's team... very great job!

5. vps

vps

<mod-edit: in English please>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  6. Good point, that's why the smaller sim co's should merge and build a bigger game.

7. Bram

Bram

And what will exactly change then apart from the loss of unique character that each game and company has now?

I am pretty sure an EA Sport'ish sized company build racing game would not feature domestic Brazilian tracks and trucks :)

Imo the problem in simracing is not the supply but the demand.

8. Well maybe I'll have the time to test all these games if I lose my work ... lol

9. Yes, but demand will be relative to the quality and size of the product.
    Anyway, as much as I respect Reiza's work, I've yet to buy FT as big trucks alone don't appeal to me, if however if it also had some smaller trucks like F100/350 etc, then I'd be happy to buy the game, but sims with small car/truck lists are pointless IMO.

10. Bram

Bram

That its pointless for you doesn't mean it's pointless for others. Everybody has their personal preferences of course and if these trucks don't suit you then don't buy it. ;)

You want smaller trucks, but Formula Truck simulates the real series and they happen to drive with these vehicles.

Still your point doesn't make much sense to me as if these trucks would be part of a larger game made by a larger company of developers you would still not like these kind of vehicles and prefer the smaller ones as you outlined.

11. I'm simply saying that more cars/vehicles=more sales.

12. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide
    Piloting RC Helicopters and sim Racecars

dont underestimate aftermarket modding community

13. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

Most definitely don't underestimate the modding community. It is those dedicated and skilled people that make these games (old and new alike) more than they were at release. Without the modding community a lot of games would have died a long time ago.

14. Well Bram I always thought that say if Reiza and 2pez were to merge 2pez could bring a lot of content to Reiza's better workings of the gm2 game engine and be the team to showcase South American racing venues at a bigger scale than what both these teams are enjoying now.

15. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Just played through the 60 minute trial version, my first exposure to it. Got to say I loved it. It's very tough though and I can imagine many hours of practice before I could even start to be competitive. Will pick up the full copy once I have the money.