1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Truck 2013 New features & Developments

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Those that own the original Formula Truck or had tested it earlier will find Formula Truck 2013 to be a lot more than a mere season update. Below is a list with some of the main developments and features of the new Formula Truck 2013:

[​IMG]

2013 trucks & New Tracks

[​IMG]

As the name suggests, Formula Truck 2013 simulates the 2013 season with the new trucks, some of which have been extensively modified relative to their 2012 counterparts.

2013 also adds two new extra-calendar tracks - Campo Grande and Santa Cruz do Sul. More is to come.

Extensive graphical revamp

[​IMG]

Advanced, in-depth shader development, new & improved models and textures, various adittional trackside objects and details all add up to provide a much more vibrant and lively environment to Formula Truck 2013.

No stone unturned

[​IMG]

Every front has received some level of attention to smooth any remaining rough edges from the original Formula Truck.

Physics have been adjusted to latest 2013 specs and data, with wear&tear of engines, tires and brakes also fine-tuned for more realistic behavior.

AI has also been adjusted so the AI trucks behave better and more consistently, adopting more reasonable strategies - no more pitstops in full distance races with normal tire and fuel multipliers,

Audio is now more balanced and new environmental sounds have been added - park trackside or cycle through the revised TV cams and hear the "buzz" from a Formula Truck race - from the announcer on the loudspeakers, to the birds twirping from a distance.

Extra detailed track surface, terrain and special effects

[​IMG]

A lot of work has been done to enhance road surface and terrain details, in general and specifically to each track - bumps, grip levels, grass, curbs - everywhere you can put a wheel in has a greater depth of detail - and depending where and how you put it, the smoke / dust clouds can be massive!

Another new feature is a (non-dynamic) racing line - step offline, and feel the loss of grip through the FFB as you kick up a cloud of offline dirt - careful not to outbrake yourself there!

[​IMG]

All of this combine to what is a much better & well rounded simulator, and our most polished release so far. We hope you folks enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 22
  2. Templates avalable???

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Templates available Here

4. Wonderful! Reiza is what most other developers should look up to when making a sim. I really loved Game Stick Car 2012 and though I have never thought of trying a truck racing simulator I am thinking about getting this when it comes out. You can't go wrong with a Reiza sim. Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

its out now today.:)

If however you haven´t bought Formula Truck yet, there is no reason to feel left out - make your purchase here now to receive the download link along with your Serial Number!

The official website will soon be updated to feature all the info, download links and support information you might need. But feel free to discuss, ask questions or post your feedback here once you get it. Afterall, sunday is a great day for truck racing :)

6. Nice updates. I found the aliasing in all Reiza games to be pretty poor, only when using super sampling did it get rid of jaggies at the cost of performance, so I will be giving this a try now I have just received the download links.

7. Sadly thats thanks to the rFactor engine. Even rFactor 2 had the same issue. I have got it looking pretty good though after changing some settings in the nvinspector

8. Didn't know this was coming. Excellent stuff.

Thank you Reiza.

9. Downloading now......many many thanx to all at Reiza studio's (",)

10. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Thanks Reiza for this great present:)!! Im enjoying FT 100% without this huge service pack so it only gets better!! Great game, great support, great Reiza:thumbsup:. Downloading now

11. Richard Pittam

Richard Pittam
    Premium Member

This is brilliant guys!
    Thanks

12. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Also the grass at Cascavel is greeen!!!

13. Can I play multiplayer with a friend AND have all the AI drivers on the track, like Nascar season 2003 ? Otherwise I don't bother to buy it. (MP and 3 - 4 player on the track is SO borring)

14. I have one technical question about trucks. In Formula Truck when I shift 1st gear and slowly lift off the foot off the clutch the engine will stall. Isn't this wrong? In driving school I was driving some poor diesel engine touring car and I just could lift off the clutch without even touching the throttle pedal and it started to moving. I think this should be in Formula Truck too or not?

15. Are you pressing the throttle some while releasing the clutch? I don't know of any vehicle I've ever driven in real life with a manual transmission that I didn't have to apply some throttle while releasing the clutch. I just finished playing F-Truck and had no issues starting in 1st gear using the clutch as long as you apply some throttle.

16. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues to start moving but this might be a bug. It is about this, diesel engines have a massive torque. When I have driven regular diesel car I can just slowly lift off clutch without touching throttle and car moves. It was even possible to start on 2nd gear with some throttle. It is not like I was doing it on purpose but it worked like this. I think it should work with trucks the same way.

It is question of physics like if you are moving on 1st gear without throttle the engine is keeping you pushing towards at low rpm's. It is working like that in simulations, in arcade games you will just stop moving.

17. I've never driven a diesel engine truck before like the trucks in F-truck so I can't say if that is realistic or not. I've never driven a car though that didn't need some throttle to get moving when releasing the clutch. It doesn't seem like something Reiza would have overlooked though if that was how its supposed to be.