Formula-Simracing.net & Precision Motorsports host Race of Champions

ROC-logo.jpg

After a long and hopefully rewarding FSR season the time of the year is again ahead upon us when the world's best drivers fight parallel on the same piece of race track, namely at the Race of Champions event. Formula-Simracing.net and Precision Motorsports have decided together to organize this special event for 2010 - a spectacle taking place at next Saturday, December 4th, starting from 18:00 CET onwards.

The event will feature a number of pre invited start drivers from the Formula-Simracing 2010 season, including World Champion Bono Huis and FSR Legend Bruno Marques. However a few seats are open to the general public.

All drivers will in the spirit of the Race of Champions go through a group phase and a knockout system, having to drive several sports- and rallycars, culminating into the final, where the two best drivers of the evening will go head to head against each other.

To ensure equal chances to all drivers the Cars and the track used in the event will be kept secret until shortly before the start of the event.

Next to the invited FSR Star drivers there are seats kept open for a few wild cards to which everyone is invited to apply. All applicants will go through a qualifying event on Saturday, December 4th 13:00 CET on a public Mod and public track which will be anounced later, to decide the lucky winners of the wild cards which give you the chance to take it on against some of the best simracers in the world.
(Full details regarding the Wild Card event will be given to the applicants via e-mail)

The event will also be Live Broadcasted with the usual FSR Quality Commentators and Cameraworkers.

We are looking to present an eventful evening of simracing action and coming together for both the drivers and spectators.

Apply here for a Wild Card

Hello everyone.

Here is a list of the Pre-Invited Drivers who will be participating.

we have 9 seats open to Wild Card Drivers, don´t miss to register.

1. Bono Huis
2. Bruno Marques
3. David Greco
4. Rasmus Tali
5. Mattias Stahre
6. Cyril Werdmuller
7. Atze Kerkhof
8. Mikko Puumalainen
9. Dennis Hirrle
10. Allar Foht
11. John-Eric Saxén
12. Machiel Schoenbeck
13. Henri Viirok
14. Jeffrey Rietveld
15. Pedro Melim

Thanks for organizing this guys. It was great fun ! Congrats to Ondrej for winning. I didnt expect to be in the finals at all so it's a good achievement for me I think. And I need to work on my nerves for such races, they're kinda much a bottleneck :p

Thanks for letting me take part. Was alot of fun and I got the WC and the Presidents scalps :D

Should of spent less time fidling with the Ferrari's seat position and concentrate on my lines :p.

Thanks all for participating, thanks Jack for awesome commentating and Jaakko for broadcasting and cameras. It was a success. We got a respectable amount of viewers so definitely a good promotion for FSR. Respect to Johannes as well who has worked really hard to prepare the mod, cars and organizing the event together with me. It obviously had a few issues like inside lap being faster than outside, which is something to sort out for next year.

To Lee: we have invited only top drivers from FSR 2010 divisions, meaning overall top 3 or frequent podium finishers and those who helped with organizing. Everybody else could have applied for wild card.

Broadcast will be available soon.

Well thats a lie lol...

I spoke with Johannes last night had a good chat etc.. he told me it was due to the fact it was a precision thing only at first but then dennis asked you guys to open it up to others too.. some didnt like how it was closed off from everyone it does not do the 'bias' any good for the league.. but as you guys hosted it i thought it was fair that you guys were majority in end.. plus next year i guess it will have more time to be open as it was a success !

I didnt like the fact i had to apply for a wildcard to take part i found that kind of insulting lol.. i am a 'top driver' i should not have to apply.. is my opinion anyway.. hopefully next year it will be even bigger event and more can take part as i loved the show !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 212 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%