Formula-SimRacing ASR1992 Championship [Unofficial]

I'd like to suggest one thing. Have you ever thought of one of the commentators to operate the cameras? As it is now looks like commentators hardly look at what the camera is showing so there are many situations when there's a crash shown on the broadcast and then 2 laps later commentators say something like "I think someone has crashed recently". From my experience I know that it's easly doable to do both commentary and cameras and at least on of the commentators knows exactly what is currently being shown on the broadcast. It would be a good practice before next season to see if it works or not.

This is not possible unless commentator is the one doing broadcast, as the guy who broadcasts is the one doing the cameras. Broadcaster needs to have a good (preferably super) PC and quick/stable internet connection. Most of our commentators don't have this sort of needed equipment.

I'd like to suggest one thing. Have you ever thought of one of the commentators to operate the cameras? As it is now looks like commentators hardly look at what the camera is showing so there are many situations when there's a crash shown on the broadcast and then 2 laps later commentators say something like "I think someone has crashed recently". From my experience I know that it's easly doable to do both commentary and cameras and at least on of the commentators knows exactly what is currently being shown on the broadcast. It would be a good practice before next season to see if it works or not.

When I have done commentating and other commentators who have done it, this year and previous years, will know it is quite hard to commentate. We are fortunate to have dedicated people like @Sam Jones and @Jaakko_M to broadcast the races every race for all divisions. I know we sometimes don't get incidents as soon as they happen but when you have 26 drivers to look at and only 2 commentators it is difficult. Sam and Jaakko try to give us news on incidents through the chat but this can be like 20 seconds after the incident has happened because it is hard for them to type and to focus on cameras at the same time. Plus they have to keep up with what we are saying and keep an eye out for incidents. So for the commentators to do the broadcast and commentate will be even harder then what it is at the moment. Plus we won't be able to give our 100% focus on commentating.

Broadcaster needs to have a good (preferably super) PC and quick/stable internet connection. Most of our commentators don't have this sort of needed equipment.

Not all of us have fantastic hardware and stable internet connections as what Sam or Jaakko have, so we are fortunate for them doing it all season and providing high quality broadcast. Without dedicated people like commentators or broadcasters we would have no broadcast at all.

Last edited:
In terms of a Broadcast, my willingness would be dependent on the number of people racing. There is no point in broadcasting 5 cars going round in circles.
I certainly would not be available for Round 2.
If we can get enough interest then a broadcast could be possible.

As for a commentator broadcasting at the same time. I can tell you from experience that this creates a terrible broadcast, certainly something I would never do or want to see in FSR. The advantage the commentators have over the cameraman is the freedom to scroll through the live action like a middle aged single man sat in his armchair trying to find something to watch on TV. Something you cannot do whilst broadcasting what you yourself are looking at.

Good points you're making here. I just say what is the biggest problem for me as a viewer and I try to give you a good advice :) maybe you should have a better way of letting commentators know that they should quickly look at the boradcast. Like maybe quickly sending even an empty message so that it would take 2s to send it for a camera man and pure sound of a message would alert the commentators.

Good points you're making here. I just say what is the biggest problem for me as a viewer and I try to give you a good advice :) maybe you should have a better way of letting commentators know that they should quickly look at the boradcast. Like maybe quickly sending even an empty message so that it would take 2s to send it for a camera man and pure sound of a message would alert the commentators.
So pick a dang car already ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years