Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

so today,s target is to make as many cables until my mind breaks :D:D
there taking longer to map than to make :D
they look sweet though worth the efforts :geek:
1752cecbe0fa73ff60d6c4afdb29fe5a.jpg

69f615352f0e7937a19fc9a4fb30a00a.png

Looks great, never really been sure how to best unwrap cables, these look very well done.

Also just realised, that Fortec Motorsports, they have Marcus Ericsson's younger brother driving for them. I thought I recognised the name somewhere.

Looks great, never really been sure how to best unwrap cables, these look very well done.

Also just realised, that Fortec Motorsports, they have Marcus Ericsson's younger brother driving for them. I thought I recognised the name somewhere.
yeah there not nice to get 100% perfect flat ,
I do it by hand takes ages last night 2 cables took almost 90 minutes :D:D
8e50d12cbfd6fc92725a3c5c62c2fd1a.png

5f3728c93e5753231b7306fe27c5e5e7.png

If you go to reshape elements ,
on pipes cables , and the 1st one is straighten selection ,
it will make it perfect straight 100% but the virtical lines are not correct ,
so simply a case of selecting a row of edges , holding shift down and moving it in one direction until its perfect .

RSS is proud to announce we have been in contact with FortecMotorsorts ,
and they have given us permission to replicate there F4 2017 Livery ,
and it will be released right here for you guys on RD! :D:D
Untitled-1.png

18216804_860315194122365_1104010956694473649_o.jpg
Cool but will this not be in trouble for licencing the f4 brand because it is a f4 class racing team?

I guess they are just licensing the livery, regardless of the car. I suppose i could contact them and try to get permission to use the livery on my Transit :p
We not making a F4 car , its a RSS4 , similar in ways but not identical , hard to tell the differences , but there there , just happens to be the F4 liveries fit it nice :D

so today,s target is to make as many cables until my mind breaks :D:D
there taking longer to map than to make :D
they look sweet though worth the efforts :geek:
1752cecbe0fa73ff60d6c4afdb29fe5a.jpg

69f615352f0e7937a19fc9a4fb30a00a.png

It looks great indeed, but the only problem I see there is that now the wires have much more detail than the rest, it looks weird.
I always try to avoid using too much of those textures if the detail stands out too much from the rest, consistency looks better to the eye than focusing on a single piece.

It looks great indeed, but the only problem I see there is that now the wires have much more detail than the rest, it looks weird.
I always try to avoid using too much of those textures if the detail stands out too much from the rest, consistency looks better to the eye than focusing on a single piece.
Its not painted or finished as of yet lol ,
the rest your speaking about is just AO no color or maps at all , or spec,
I understand with balance and not having stuff too bright ,
those cables have zero AO as well ,
the map is not complete , once all cables are finished I will simply bake a new AO map and then apply the same multimat settings ,
so the areas that are in the shadows wont be bright at all , only visible parts that are visible with light ,
the AO map I will add into the NM map ,
then the bump map in the shadows wont be visible either , should look pretty nice ,
but like I say man , its far from finished :)

I select a pelt seam manually (usually the least visible side) using edge to seam button, then apply pelt + relax. Works all the time.
what and that gets it 100% straight like this ?
I like them all pin straight if I am adding any multimaps .
902791e123b4273a63d2607da880eae6.jpg

As you can see here , I baked a map ,
still not even 50% done with them as of yet ,
but the difference is massive :)
e22bf763594f8667857df407eb214848.jpg

fedd6744e63c9a578b159fc5cf984fee.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back