Cars Formula RSS 2 by Race Sim Studio

Maybe a minor update soon , anything to report on the car you noticed as an issue ? :)
I found some inconsistencies regarding the usage of the txmaps and alpha channels for the 'RSS2_Chassis_C' and 'RSS2_Chassis_D' materials.
  1. The alpha channel on the 'RSS2_Chassis_D.dds' should have only black and white areas, depending on the txdetail (metal_detail) placing on the texture. A 'AO layer'-style approach is not appropriate. Check e.g. the Audi R18 'Skin.dds' for reference.
  2. The 'RSS2_Chassis_C_AO.dds' don't need an alpha channel, could be deleted.
----------
The Island Hopper car textures are basicly finished, only some pit textures and screws are missing to put the whole thing together...;)
ih_04.jpg

ih_05.jpg

I found some inconsistencies regarding the usage of the txmaps and alpha channels for the 'RSS2_Chassis_C' and 'RSS2_Chassis_D' materials.
  1. The alpha channel on the 'RSS2_Chassis_D.dds' should have only black and white areas, depending on the txdetail (metal_detail) placing on the texture. A 'AO layer'-style approach is not appropriate. Check e.g. the Audi R18 'Skin.dds' for reference.
  2. The 'RSS2_Chassis_C_AO.dds' don't need an alpha channel, could be deleted.
----------
The Island Hopper car textures are basicly finished, only some pit textures and screws are missing to put the whole thing together...;)
View attachment 202463
View attachment 202464
Yeah we know man about the chassis maps :) thanks for pointing it out

So I am working on a update ,
somewhere it got mentioned 2-3 times , the rainlight does not flash ,
this was not lazy , or got missed , not at all , there is lights on the nose for the marshal ,
every detail we tried to take care of ,

as anyone any evidence of the rain light flashing at all in the pitlane , because I will simply update the lights ,
take like 2 minutes , but I have simply no evidence that they do , and I have looked at quite a few videos ? :)

I see it here once ,
I dont know why it dont flash like F1 , and AC does not simulate timed flashing to this extend , so I will add it ,
but its still not realistic with no support for timing :)

So I am working on a update ,
somewhere it got mentioned 2-3 times , the rainlight does not flash ,
this was not lazy , or got missed , not at all , there is lights on the nose for the marshal ,
every detail we tried to take care of ,

as anyone any evidence of the rain light flashing at all in the pitlane , because I will simply update the lights ,
take like 2 minutes , but I have simply no evidence that they do , and I have looked at quite a few videos ? :)
Dude please don't. I asked for it because i didn't know that technical fact. If they don't flash in real life, please don't make them flash in game. Please. Authenticity above all.

Regarding flashing rain light it was running in Austria
you can see it flashing when Latifie comes in at 8:20-8:35. You see it the rest also have flashing lights when they pit.
E: Might have only started this season

Quick question regarding setup on this fantastic car. Usually okay at setting up a single seater to how I like it but struggling a bit with turn in understeer, tried various things can't get it to bite how I want in medium and fast corners. Mid Corner the car is fine.

Any ideas?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years