1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

formula rookie

Discussion in 'Project CARS Setups' started by kartel990, May 15, 2015.

1. hiya has anyone got a set up for the fomula rookie cars
  2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Unfortunately the game won't let you share the setups as files like you can AC, but if you're looking for an Oulton Park Island setup, I'd be happy to type out what I use.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hello terry
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I don't change much on the Formula Rookie other than adding some front camber I believe.
  5. I got a race tonight useing the formula rookie at Oulton Park International, any chance of a few things to change on setup, 20 lap race, cheers
  6. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been coming on RD as often recently. I'll type it up in a minute.

EDIT: OK, so I've copied out my setup. This is for Oulton Park ISLAND, but I'm sure you could use this for International too. If anyone finds a way to make this setup even better again, please feel free to share :)

All of the Settings listed are tweaks I've made. If it's not written here, just assume that I haven't had to touch it :)

The setup:

Brake Pressure: 88%
    Brake Bias: 60%
    Front L+R Camber: -1.0 degree
    Rear L+R Camber: -0.9 degrees
    Front & Rear Toe: 0.2 degrees
    Front L+R Spring Rate: 30 N/mm (very important!)
    Rear L+R Spring Rate: 55 N/mm (very important!)
    Front Sway Bar: 11 N/mm
    Rear Sway Bar: 7 N/mm
    Front L+R Slow Bump: 3600 N/m/s
    Rear L+R Slow Bump: 3500 N/m/s
    Radiator: 0%

With this setup I managed to get a fastest lap of 1:29.694. Considering the RL lap record of Oulton Park Island in a FF1600 is 1:30.594, I don't think it's too shabby :thumbsup:

BTW, here is a link to the fastest lap records of some British tracks, including all Oulton Park layouts just for reference - http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131728

Hope this helps and apologies for the lateness.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  7. Thx for this, we race that track and car alot, so will come in very useful, cheers, will that setup be ok for most other tracks, i mean be better than the default.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

I think it's only fair to mention that when I made this setup, I made it when I was driving with keyboard & mouse. I've recently got a G27 and I'm about 4 secs slower than I am with KB&M. Take this setup with a pinch of salt!
  9. i just hit 1:26:611 tweaking this set and ffb they go hand in hand if anyone want to try it let me know