rF2 Formula Renault 3.5 Monza Thurs 6th November

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Suffered lag on lap 4 or 5. I was running in 8th I think at that point. Unfortunately when my screen unfroze it seemed I had taken @Peter Szentpeteri out with me. Sorry to him. I spectated for a few more laps but then the game crashed in a repeat of Monday's Indy club race.

Same server problem than IndyCar on Monday: someone have joined the server and it was immediately lag over lag every 3 seconds !
So sorry Jorrick but I managed to let you pass me on my right but it was impossible !

damn only 4 cars left at the end of the race, did all of you guys have connection issues?
I saw cars flying into the sky at the main straight, and someone really lagging in front of me but it wasn't the same lag I had yesterday @Jason Skyring , I only saw 2 people lagging.

The short freeze when someone is leaving the server is not build related. Sometimes it happens and most times it doesn't. It's more car-related than anything afaik.

That's why I did propose at Spa already that everyone stays on the server at race1 in the league races (there is a race 2 coming anyway after that), and only restart/reconnect after race 1 has ended.

Short summary of the race: James fell asleep in the lead at some point and after that I closed up a bit to Wojciech who got on the dirt 2 times with his car that let me pass this way.
See you Sunday

damn only 4 cars left at the end of the race, did all of you guys have connection issues?
I saw cars flying into the sky at the main straight, and someone really lagging in front of me but it wasn't the same lag I had yesterday @Jason Skyring , I only saw 2 people lagging.

Weird I've never had any lag in rf2 like ever! maybe just join lag?

I had no lag problem. But in 880 i do have this problem where some cars are all jittery, they get painted in multiple places simultaneously. But it only happens when your +/- 0.5 sec, then it goes back to normal. Has anybody had that? This race was ok tho.

Sorry for the lag issue,... again. :sick:

I don't think it's join lag, it's different!!! It is also noticeable on the server replay.
Join lag has no influence the server replay.
It happens on 3 different servers and 2 different machines, i think it's a Build 880 Bug. :unsure:

I had no lag problem. But in 880 i do have this problem where some cars are all jittery, they get painted in multiple places simultaneously. But it only happens when your +/- 0.5 sec, then it goes back to normal. Has anybody had that? This race was ok tho.

jip, that are the lag issues.

Join lag freeze the game just for a very brief moment. But this is different!

The short freeze when someone is leaving the server is not build related. Sometimes it happens and most times it doesn't. It's more car-related than anything afaik.

That's why I did propose at Spa already that everyone stays on the server at race1 in the league races (there is a race 2 coming anyway after that), and only restart/reconnect after race 1 has ended.

Short summary of the race: James fell asleep in the lead at some point and after that I closed up a bit to Wojciech who got on the dirt 2 times with his car that let me pass this way.
See you Sunday

Looking forward to Sunday, it can be really interesting. Summary: It was a quite tought practice race, i made some mistakes, just pushed too much because Dino was slowly catching me up, and my tires werent in the best condition;) Gratz Dino, could be more fun if i didnt catch the grass in the last corner;)

It's definitely an 880 bug. I do not think it is a lag problem, more a 'prediction' problem, there is some code which predicts the best spot for the car I think its probably that not lag. They screwed this up once before about a year ago, all the cars used to crash in to fresh air! But most races it is OK. I have seen it with ISI mod/track also so it's not 3rd party content causing it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%