rF2 Formula Renault 3.5 Malaysia Thurs 20/11/2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me out, I can't get on the server, I reinstalled everything 3 times still not working, offline it seems like the vmod isn't working either although it says its installed

Hm, too much technical problems in the beginning for my taste today.
Started from p2 and lost 3 places on the start, shortly after that a car appeared inside my car in the middle of a turn and a second later warped away again ;(
So still these lags going on unfortunatly.
A short while after that Abdoulaye's car started to warp further and further towards my car, so I eased the throttle and gave someone else the pleasure to have a lag-collision with him :D Sorry to whoever that was, but I had mine already today :)

After that episode was over I had a nice race beeing on p3 at some point, with still plenty of time to maybe catch Jamie and Mr. Morris.
When I made it to the tail of Morris, I made a silly mistake clipping the curb at turn2 and loosing it clipping the wall slightly.
Thank god there was no damage, so I had still a nice catch-up race until the very end.
On the last lap I actually got past Jamie into turn1 :)

A fun race except for the stuff in the first couple of minutes.

well damn screen just freezes and had to reset computer but other than that it was fun to race after such a long break, you'll hear from me again :D
Nice to race with you Sam, sorry I was wobbling all over the track exit of T4 (tank slapper) thats why I waited for you.

Great race tonight. long fight with Jason-he won!, and long fight with Josh-held him off. We were .4 sec apart at finish.

Good fun but man do you need to concentrate with this car/track, every lap I was very nervous going through t4 and t9. I was shattered after the race lol. My goal was to keep it on the tarmac and try to be consistant so pleased with the result :)

I had a good start and was up to p6 I think. Good battles in the opening ten mins. A lot of defending was needed but that t1/t2 section prob makes it a bit easier for the guy in front if you can hang it out on the outside. After 20 mins or so things settled down and Was managing a 9 second gap to david and josh. The gap fluctuated from 9-6 seconds. Few scruffy laps at the end where tyre wear started to be an issue and crossed the line 4 or 5 seconds ahead.

God help me if we do have rain on sunday.

It's a 880 build bug if someone leaves the server. There are other servers with the same issue.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22568-Terrible-lag-in-multiplayer-after-player-leaved-race

My ping seemed to settle down in the race and I had no issues when people left the server last night. Its concerning that many of the others did however. I think we need a gentlemen's agreement from all drivers that we stay in the server regardless of dnfs or the wife nagging ha ha. Just go make a cuppa or grab a beer if you are unfortunate in either race.

Good fun but man do you need to concentrate with this car/track, every lap I was very nervous going through t4 and t9. I was shattered after the race lol. My goal was to keep it on the tarmac and try to be consistant so pleased with the result :)

I had a good start and was up to p6 I think. Good battles in the opening ten mins. A lot of defending was needed but that t1/t2 section prob makes it a bit easier for the guy in front if you can hang it out on the outside. After 20 mins or so things settled down and Was managing a 9 second gap to david and josh. The gap fluctuated from 9-6 seconds. Few scruffy laps at the end where tyre wear started to be an issue and crossed the line 4 or 5 seconds ahead.

God help me if we do have rain on sunday.
Indeed some great battles.
After your successful defense from my DRS attack into T1 I was quite close but the turn 5-6 combination was very hard on the following car due to dirty air. My front tyres lost grip and over heated and that's when I dropped back a bit.

I dont think we will see rain outside of practice and a slightly damp track at the start of Quali. There were concerns that group 2 would have the advantage and that's what I hoped! but in fact Pole in group 2:cool: was P5 overall and many group 2 times were slower.
Personally my feeling was that it (damp track at start of Q) added some drama and immersion, Gijs does like to push the limits with what the game can do weather wise and still keep it driveable.

My ping seemed to settle down in the race and I had no issues when people left the server last night. Its concerning that many of the others did however. I think we need a gentlemen's agreement from all drivers that we stay in the server regardless of dnfs or the wife nagging ha ha. Just go make a cuppa or grab a beer if you are unfortunate in either race.

The lag issues are not ping related. @Nicolas Delamare and @Jamie Beech had good ping when i saw them disappearing and appearing during close a battle.

Was a good practice race! After deciding to not pit halfway through the race I thought I could of held Dino off but he caught me and on the last lap he overtook me. I tried some defensive driving but my front left tire was too degraded to hold him off, shame for Nicolas I don't know what happened there... he just appeared right in front of me and I had to swerve out of the way.

Was a good practice race! After deciding to not pit halfway through the race I thought I could of held Dino off but he caught me and on the last lap he overtook me. I tried some defensive driving but my front left tire was too degraded to hold him off, shame for Nicolas I don't know what happened there... he just appeared right in front of me and I had to swerve out of the way.
Jamie it was a very strong performance from you. Dino is the reigning champ of RD FR3.5 so well done.
BTW dont share that setup with anyone else till after Sunday;)

Wow didn't realize Dino was champ! that would explain his immense pace towards the end because he also didn't pit I don't think, thanks Dave I enjoyed the practice race and I can't wait for Suzuka because its definitely one of my favourites. I'l do my best to with hold setup :)

The good news was the horrible lag bug that did for me at Monza and a couple of club races didn't strike me again, although there was some lag at the start it wasn't terminal, the bad news for me is my terrible pace, I usually love racing round Sepang but cant find my rhythm yet.

I did 2 race length runs today. (I have Motec up again so am a data junkie).
It was amazing to look at the tyre wear and how in the second run I could manage it better and be faster in the second half.
It doesn't mean I'm going to be fast, Ill be slow but well informed:geek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back