1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Premium Formula Renault 3.5 @ Bugatti Circuit - Sunday 30th October 2016

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 24, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 30-10-16
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

start-fr35-lemans-2015-2.jpg
    What better way to get ready for Sunday lunch and the F1 race than to head out on the track with these superb open wheelers.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Note: You do not need to own any DLC in order to participate, as it is possible to race cars and tracks that you don't own when playing online!

Cancelled

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com Club
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    Track:
    Driving Aids:
    Realistic

Race 1
    Weather: Clear
    Practice: 13:00 GMT (20 minutes)
    Qualifying: 13:20 (10 minutes)
    Race: 13:30 (15 minutes)

Race 2
    Weather: Clear
    Qualifying: 13:45 (10 minutes)
    Race: 13:55 (20 minutes)

Entry List

• Kenny Paton
      • Reiche
      • Alexander Sieuw
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alexander Sieuw

Alexander Sieuw
    Premium Member

I'm up for it, sign me in!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Really excited for the race, I hope some more guys join us =)

I had no idea how demanding this track-car-combo is when I asked Kenny for it.. Feels like racing on ecstasy coming from the Clios last week =D I even changed my seating position to have a more laid back feeling to increase the immersion on that beast

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Yes it's a poor showing at the moment, but there's still time for more people to join. The competition is very tough at the moment.

5. Flying Kefran

Flying Kefran
    From Gran Turismo to pCars

It would have been fun but I won't be available. Will there be an event during next week ?

6. [​IMG]

7. Alexander Sieuw

Alexander Sieuw
    Premium Member

Stefan, Kenny, would love to race but something came up last minute. Gotta make an arrangement to keep a dog and I got 1 day, so i need to head out right now to go check some stuff ppl selling on 2nd hand and get my hands dirty in the garden :s
    Been a long time since someone killed my holy lazy sunday but it has happened just now :/
    Good luck if you 2 guys carry on with the race and (mostlikely) see you at the next event.

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Good luck with the dog and since the race is a washout you're not missing anything.

9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

No event this coming week, as we've had little or no turnout lately, today being an example. Looks like pCars isn't working on RD for the moment.

10. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

:(
    I was looking forward to being able to race again next week. Hopefully the new Free pCars version might pull in some fresh blood. But you are right, competition is murdering with AC pumping out all these awesome porches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

It's a shame, but 2 -4 people just doesn't make a race especially with me trailing along behind.
    It's a pity that the free game hasn't allowed MP, as we might have drawn in some new blood by scheduling races using the free content as we do occasionally in the R3E club.
    I checked out the WMD forums MP section and it is filled with people announcing events mostly with only 1 or 2 replies or none, maybe it's busier in the console section but on PC it just doesn't seem to attract many people.
    I intend to tag all the people normally tagged by this weekend and see what the feeling is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

Yea I agree, althought I am still up for a 2-4 man race with slower cars on a short circuit (like Brands Hatch Short). That should balance things out a bit but the more the merrier obviously.

I know the free version has no MP, but perhaps that by playing the Free version people are convinced to buy the full version. I don't know, it's a stretch of course.

I suppose you are right, console has much less competition. Assetto Corsa is the only direct competitor to Project CARS and I'd consider pCars both finanically (older title hence cheaper) as well as controls (pCars works better than AC with a gamepad in my experience) and content to be a better pick for most console players. PC just has so many (arguably superior) options for simracing.

Either way, I do appreciate the effort you put in regardless of sign ups @Kenny Paton , thanks :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1