Formula Reiza Skin Bug

Hi, I've downloaded a couple of Formula Reiza skins from RFactor Central, since I figured the models are the same so why shouldn't those skins work as well? However, upon inspecting the car, the skins are there, but they are extremely, unnaturally bright. It is't a gamebreaker but gets kind of irritating after a while. I was wondering if there was any additional change one should do due to the change in the Core-Game? Any help would be appreciated. In addition I'm posting two pictures to compare how they look in game and how they're supposed to look.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Caterham.png
    Caterham.png
    750.5 KB · Views: 747
  • caterham2.png
    caterham2.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 745
Hi, thanks for the reply! I'll check out if there is anything I can do in that regard even though my capabilities are rather limited. Nonetheless, thanks again for clearing that up!

Thanks for those, however I also like to use non-original F1 Liveries with drivers from the IndyCar Series like Scott Dixon and Will Power, which also have really cool skins. Therefore, I've been trying to get it to work with Gimp but either the skin stays bright or the alpha layer stays on top of the actual skin I want to use. One problem might be that I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing whatsoever. However, I'll keep on trying but for now I need a relaxing race. Thanks again for the advice. though.

You need DDS plugin for gimp to be able to save files as .dds.

I use photoshop so dunno about gimp but all you need to do is open the old skin with gimp, select the whole skin with rectangle tool, copy and paste it on top of that conversion file and save as .dds DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha.

Awesome, after several more failed tries with Gimp (it has some weird, different export system which makes the skin look somewhat gooey), I switched over to the trial version of photoshop and did as you told me to. Works like a charm! Thanks a huge lot for your help, both of you!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back