Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Here it is :)

links:

Mediafire (zip file)
Mediafire (exe installer)
RaceDepartment (high-speed mirror)

INSTALLATION:
Just point to your GSC install folder and go. The Formula Reiza will be available from the bottom left of the main menu, from where you can cycle from series to series (make sure you have Update v1.70 installed).

DESCRIPTION: The car is based on a super hi-tech modern F1 car. Feel their impressive grip and how amazingly they adhere to the track.. Until they dont anymore!

We´ve heard from someone who should know that this is “the closest experience to the real thing outside the top teams´ professional simulators.” Now it´s your turn to check out for yourself!

Special thanks to extra official GSC-credits to Koen Calleyl who modelled the car, and our man Domagoj Lovric who helped develop the sounds into their final state.

Dont forget to check the technical documentation on this car for some extra in-depth knowledge on how to best set it up.

And last but not least, here is the template for those of you who want to get on painting your own skins.

Enjoy!

I am having a major problem as i mainly brought this game for the Formula Reiza and now I cannot use it. I have made sure its 1.7 and redownloaded and reinstalled that patch and i can cycle through the choices in the bottom left hand corner, but when i go to Test day or single race, I can only choose one of the stock cars. I deleted and reinstalled the patch, but it made no difference. When I go to championship it says Formula Reiza 2010 need a car:|Reiza2. It is the same for the Formula Classic and Formula 3 mods.:frown:

Victor, there is a skin pack with all the F1 teams. Don't have the link here as the download section is still not up.
Stefan not skins, I was asking for different car with different engines and behaviour :) Oh and the cockpit of RB6 is kinda not friendly. The HUD is behind the wheel, the nose is too high and blocks the view the sound of the Renault engine nnahh :) Mercedes sounds better :)
This add on is fantastic but I don't know why I feel this car very stable (default setup) and easier to drive compared to F1 2011 cars. The only difficulty I have is with brakes... Anything over 64% pressure is total disaster :D

Hi all.
First I'd like to congratulate authors of this sim. Amazing job. I had a chance to drive Formula Reiza and it was a great time. I was always searching for a proper (in terms of physics) modern F1 mod in rFactor world but without success. Until now :)

But I read the HDV file of the Formula Reiza and I wonder about diffuser settings. You have set stalling:
Code:
DiffuserStall=(-0.425,0.115)

My question is: is it valid (negative) value (in GSC) ? I ask because in rF it shouldn't work. Does stalling diffuser work in GSC at all? Did those 2010 F1 cars really loose that little downforce when bottoming ?

Sorry in advance for my English (it's not my native).

TIA.

Hey guys... I need some help with the templates of the open wheelers (F-Reiza, F3 and Classic). The links provided in megaupload won't work anymore, please do you have another server to put the files?

Thanks!

(Sorry for the bad english!)

Hi all.
First I'd like to congratulate authors of this sim. Amazing job. I had a chance to drive Formula Reiza and it was a great time. I was always searching for a proper (in terms of physics) modern F1 mod in rFactor world but without success. Until now :)

But I read the HDV file of the Formula Reiza and I wonder about diffuser settings. You have set stalling:
Code:
DiffuserStall=(-0.425,0.115)

My question is: is it valid (negative) value (in GSC) ? I ask because in rF it shouldn't work. Does stalling diffuser work in GSC at all? Did those 2010 F1 cars really loose that little downforce when bottoming ?

Sorry in advance for my English (it's not my native).

TIA.

Hi Larus, I haven't looked here a few days so I'm a bit late with my reply.

The DiffuserStall first number is supposed to be between 0 (looking at average ride height) or 1 (looking at minimum ride height). However, the little equation that rFactor uses for this, accepts negative values and you get a slightly different behaviour. There is nothing magic about it, just the way mainly the rear ride height changes the stall behavior.

With F1 cars the front ride height in rFactor is measured at the front of the wooden plank. This point is behind the front wheels. So when you add rear ride height, the front edge of the plank also goes up. A negative value kinda has the effect of stopping this.. It works in rFactor and GSC, but you would have to make a spreadsheet or similar to visualize how this changes the aero.

We sadly don't have real 2010 F1 aero data, but I do have the 2011 GP2 car data, which adopts roughly the same aero layouts, and might not be that different from a HRT. The 2011 GP2 aero data always has the maximum downforce at 0mm front ride height and some ~25 .. 45 mm rear ride height.

I think the reason is the plank is (almost) on the ground, but the main airflow is besides the plank to the diffuser. Also the front wing gets better the closer it is to the ground, and when you pitch a car downward, the wing angle of the front wing to the airflow changes and increases downforce.

The most important thing is how the total downforce behaves. If its behaviour is caused by a front wing getting 'better' or a diffuser getting 'worse' that is not too important. As long as the combination of wings and diffuser result in aero that ha a believable ride height sensitivity.

You can see in the manual we released how the ride height affects downforce, front/rear balance and drag It is not identical to but comparable to the 2011 GP2 car in 'shape'.

Edit: the manual is here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ing-manual-aero-tire-suspension-theory.39957/ :)

Wow, thank you for such a detailed reply and dispelling my doubts :) Yes, I understand that it would be very hard to obtain real F1-aero data. Anyway I'm really glad to read that negative value works OK and total downforce is modelled as intended as well :) As I said earlier driving this openwheeler is a real blast :) Keep up good work!

I have another question to the Reiza team. Tyres are really fantastic in your mod but they are called F_Reiza compound. I wonder what compound in real they would be. I mean I think they simulate Bridgestones 2010 characteristic, am I right ? But which compound would you call it (supersoft, soft, medium, hard) ? They are pretty durable but I feel grip is rather high so my guess would be soft or medium. But that's only guess - I'd be glad to hear what your real aim was.

Thanks in advance
Greetings

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%