1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Formula RaceRoom 2 @ Zandvoort - Wednesday January 27th 2016

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Jan 21, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 27-01-16
  1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    The self-proclaimed "BADASS" driver of RD. Staff

Dutch open wheel action? Yeah we got it!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #2
    Formula RaceRoom 2
    Track: Circuit Park Zandvoort GP
    Driving Mode: Get Real

Practice: 19:00 CST | 01:00 GMT (on 28/01) | 13:00 AEST (on 28/01) (30 minutes)
    19:30 CST | 01:30 GMT (on 28/01) | 13:30 AEST (on 28/01) (10 minutes)
    19:40 CST | 02:40 GMT (on 28/01) | 13:40 AEST (on 28/01) (20 minutes)

Entry List
    1. Lorenzo Bonder
    2. mycarlooksfast
    3. Alex Townsend*
    4. Free slot
    5. Free slot
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. mycarlooksfast

Premium Member

Say no more...I'm in.
  3. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder

4. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Need to check the timing for Malaysia as may be able to join this before work
    Could you put me down as a maybe?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder

6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester Premium Member

Sorry I work wed evenings
  7. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder

Anyone for tonight? Only two confirmed (I might have to disconfirm, have to work late) thus far + 1 maybe, let's get that list going yo!
  8. mycarlooksfast

Premium Member

Sorry Lorenzo sign me out...was hoping for more attendance. I don't care to fart around with another driver or two on a track I don't like for the third week in a row. Offline racing and hotlapping this evening would be a much more productive and entertaining use of my time.

Hopefully the event next week has more interest. :thumbsup:
  9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC Premium Member

Now I see why the U.S. isn't very strong as far as participation for R3E. Look at all the youtube reviewers based in the U.S. Mostly iRacing.

I applaud @mycarlooksfast. At least he was honest :thumbsup:.....and basically, how most people feel. Me? Like I mentioned before....until the Error 503 issue is addressed/fixed, I won't commit to any races. It's just too embarrassing to commit to a race and then get the Error 503 and can't even get in.

And once again, thanks for the previous help. I'm down to the 1:23 range on Zandvoort - which I never even thought I would get close too.

*** edit***
    Ah crap! After 5 jack and cokes, I can only do 1:25's. i wonder if it's because I ate eggs for breakfast? ;) :roflmao:

*** 2nd edit****
    I just found out that North American players cannot participate in the R3E contests.
    Now I see why there are so many iRacing reviewers in the U.S.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

This is a shame as I was hoping to play some R3E with the US as could fit in before work. The European servers are on too early in the morning for me here. Guess I'll stick to the Single Player mode...
    Is the only reason it's not so popular because of the ability to join the contests?
  11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC Premium Member

Sorry. I was mis-informed. NA players can participate in R3E contests. It was just a specific contest.

I have been having problems with Error 503, where I couldn't even login to the game.
    It seems to be a global phenomena - not just isolated to NA players. But I seem to experience it alot,

I don't know why there aren't more players for R3E NA time zone designated servers. It is a shame. I thought it could be due to iRacing's popularity in the U.S., but who knows.

But the point is moot for me. I can login to my iRacing account, but it won't install on my computer after the latest update.
  12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester Premium Member

Sadly north American participation in many sims are very low and too make things worse there's too many sims to choose from.
    I've had iracing for many yrs and asides from the Oval races the road races usually low participation during the evenings.....prime time for all the sims seem to peak during euro prime time
    I was scrolling through steam stats of the top 100 played games and the last place game peaked at 1200 users.....not one racing game made it into the top 100 :(