Formula Pro Series (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be stuck at 132-33 no matter what changes I make.
I think my racing line is reasonable, but my feeling is that I'm suffering under brakes and accelerating thru exits as the DFGT isn't as sensitive as other wheels.
I don't know how many more laps and changes I have to make before I accept that 132 is about as fast as I can go.

Hi David

Try to make splitter lower to 2. and maybe more wing. Ride high lower on the rear down to 2.2. springs to 100 rear and 58 in the front. 90+ in brake pressure. think u gearing is wrong to... but if just train u will be faster..:=) but the best is to watch the fastest driver replay give alot to be in the begging. Hope it help see on the track.

Mark Sørensen

[DRIVELINE]
FinalDriveSetting=2
ReverseSetting=3
Gear1Setting=20
Gear2Setting=33
Gear3Setting=40
Gear4Setting=48
Gear5Setting=55
Gear6Setting=63
Gear7Setting=68
DiffPumpSetting=11
DiffPowerSetting=15
DiffCoastSetting=64
DiffPreloadSetting=2

This is my gearing Mark.
Gonna do another session now, but I'm not hopeful, lol.

Hy David!

At the moment my PB is a 1:27:5xx (just not updated on prestoGP).

I attached the setup and the replay file. What helped me often was to watch fast drivers replays from the behind view. Zoom out a bit with "7" on numpad and turn on the speedometer with "h" on keyboard. Now you can see wich corners can be driven at which speeds and which line the driver used.
Load your laps and compare. This helped me much more than studying telemetry. (I hate physics :wink:)

Just ask if you need more help.

btw, I made the setup using the McLaren, so when you load it, you need to search for the McLaren in the cars list...

Attachments

• Reik-FPES-Bahrain-1-27-5xx.Vcr
    169.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Reik-Bahrain-F1 a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 277
Thx very much for that Reik, but I doubt I could go 133 with your set up, as the DFGT needs to be protected under brakes and acceleration.
You're 20kph faster into turn 2 than I am, and if I even slightly increase gas, I spin.
You have a G25/27 or Fanatec right?
My next wheel will be a Fanatec with CSP so I don't hit the limits of the DFGT.

ok, I understand but your wheel guess was wrong :wink:

I use the black Momo, watch here: http://www.amazon.de/PC-Racing-Forc..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1295696986&sr=8-2

I use it for long time and its FFB is realy good. Compared to a G25/27 I think the sensitivity of power and break input isn't that good, but it's good anough to controll the F1 very well. So I can recommend this wheel as very good in the mid price sector.

Of course my setup may be a bit to agressive for you, but at least you get an idea which wing and gear settings are helpfull. And with the replay file you can see the line and where I used which gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back