Formula One: Michael Schumacher returns? (UPDATE)

According to what we're reading right now Michael Schumacher will be back in Formula One for the 2013 season. Now, let's put this into perspective: that might be a bit exaggerating. Michael Schumacher made a statement last weekend in Interlagos and also added something about the magical number 7.
I have signed a contract and will be active as a test driver. It's strange that I finished my career with a seventh place finish - that's how it started, with seventh in my first qualifying [at the 1991 Belgian Grand Prix]. And with seven World titles: the number was a good ending.​

There's currently no confirmation for this but as soon as Schumacher had announced his second retirement Pirelli had made an offer about him becoming the test driver for their new tyres. Paul Hembery, head of Pirelli motorsport, had previously stated that he couldn't think of any other driver more skilled and knowledgable than Schumacher. This, however, is pure speculation since Michael Schumacher did not announce anything yet.

Meanwhile many fans mourn the loss of Michael Schumacher and continue expressing their respect (often expressed as tribute videos, like the excellent one shown below) for the 7 times Formula 1 World Champion. Despite his less successful time at Mercedes AMG almost all race fans will always keep in mind that he did not only break a lot of records but made himself a name as special ambassador for the UNESCO and financially supporting the poor and war victims all over the world.

[youtube]

Whatever happens, see you “soon” for the 2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix and in the mean time there is enough to talk about to keep you warm during the winter months in our ongoing debates in the F1 Forums.

UPDATE:

We've just learned that was indeed just speculation that Schumacher might partner up with Pirelli. Currently it's looking like he's going to test drive karts!

[source: bettor.com | pictures: Mercedes AMG]
View the Post on the Blog

When I watched the movie, I remembered that in his Ferrari days, I did not like Michael Schumacher this much, because he was always winning and made watching F1 boring sometimes, but strangly enough after his comeback I started to like him as a person and respect him as a driver..his achievements in F1 are the benchmarks for the young drivers for many more years to come...

When I watched the movie, I remembered that in his Ferrari days, I did not like Michael Schumacher this much, because he was always winning and made watching F1 boring sometimes, but strangly enough after his comeback I started to like him as a person and respect him as a driver..his achievements in F1 are the benchmarks for the young drivers for many more years to come...

hmm the same strange things will be said about Vettel, if he retires and comes back, he might be liked :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%