1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Masters @ Hockenheim - Thursday February 3rd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bjorn de Haas, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RaceDepartment IFM
    Class: International Formula Master
    Track: Hockenheim 2004 download here
    Weather: changeable
    Practice: 15 minutes (20:00GMT)
    Qualification: 10 minutes (Super Pole)
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2x25 minutes
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

2. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

1. Bjorn de Haas
    2. Philip Sprangers
    3. Bruno Bee
    4. Dino Paollni
    5. Ronnie Rooij
    6. Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    7. Elton de Vries
    8. Adam Eggbeer
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -

3. Count me in, Bjorn.

4. me too mate ;)

5. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Pls sign me up ;)

6. Count me in Bjorn, great track!

7. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

Sign me up

8. sign me up please

9. I don't know if I'll join you in this race, don't like the track that mutch.

10. Sign me up please Bjorn :)

11. Please, sign me up, thanks :)

12. Sorry, i have PC problems and its not posible for me to drive.
    good luck too you all with the race.

13. What a pity... this mod and this track are awesome... and we have only 6 guys on track :'(

Anyway, great pleasure to drive this race, although the only challenge was... to beat my best time. And to avoid accident in lap1 :)

14. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

A shame that there were only 6-8 guys in this race, was a very good an intense race on a fun track.
    After 4th in quali race 1 went well, was most of the time chasing Ronny, but there was no real overtaking chance at all for me.
    It seems that alsmost every race I end up chasing or beeing chased bei Ronny^^

Second race was more complicated, after very close opening laps.
    Had contact with Adam after his car went crazy in front of me, sorry for that. I tried to react, but it happended very fast ;(
    However 2x 3rd is a great outcome for me, my best so far ;)

There needs to be definately more drivers for the IFM races, they are absolutely great (and fair) ;)

@ Bruno: It's still not a mod^^

15. Good night's racing, even though I screwed up a couple of times.

Quali: Was 1 second off my PB so was only 6th.

Race 1: Made a good start, too good a start as it turned out and I was left with nowhere to go heading up to turn 1 and having to back off the throttle. Made it through the corner and was lying 6th still. Bruno ran wide at turn 2 and I was able to pull alongside as we went through 3 but he moved out due to the angle he had entering the corner and we touched. After running on the curb and grass for a bit I recovered and just held 7th. Chased down Stefan and got past him when he made a mistake. Spent the majority of the race on my own after that and came home 6th.

Race 2: Started 2nd and made another great start but got out of the throttle before turn 1 as it was only going to end in tears with Philip otherwise. Going down to the hairpin and Michal got up the inside but I ran wide on the exit and rode the curb. Found myself down in 5th now and trying to defend from Dino. Going into turn 2 a couple of laps later and Dino tried a move on the outside and I managed to brake late enough to hold him off and go down the inside of Philip. Continued the great battle with Dino for 10 minutes until I lost the rear in turn 8, hit the curb and shot across the track, making contact with Dino. I thought it was fair to let him past as I basically blocked him on the corner whilst my car was all over the place. I tried to follow him but made a mistake at the same corner the following lap which put me too far back from him. I was going around comfortably until I span at turn 1. Did a quick spin and got going again but Philip got 3 seconds down the road. Almost did the same thing the following lap but I held it and was really pushing to catch Philip before I ran out of laps. The final lap begun and I was about 1 second back. Pushed hard through turns 1 and 2 and got it down to 8 tenths. I thought I would brake as late as I dared into the hairpin and try and get a good exit as the last real overtaking opportunity was turn 8 and I overcooked it slightly. Luckily I managed to avoid Philip who promptly ran wide on the exit, allowing me to sneak by on the inside. Brought the car home in 4th after that.

Thanks to Bjorn, RD, and all those who raced :)

16. Sorry guys that i coudn't keep up and had to step out.

During Qual i get little bit nauseous, driving through the corners....and because of that i did make many mistakes.
    Race one was a disaster for me! i couldn't see the corner clear enough and i get real seasick of all the turns.

c'u all another time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.