1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Master @ Estoril 08 - Monday November 7th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: International Formula Master
    Track: Estoril 08
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race on

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:40 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2x 25 min)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Péter Bártfai
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Lasse Oinas
    4. Pau Ribas
    5. Keiron Swart
    6. Jari Aikio
    7. Kennett Ylitalo
    8. Daniel Higgins
    9. Dan Watson
    10. Christopher Crawford
    11. Ray Lilley
    12. Dennis Phelan
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. If I can make it to the 20:40 deadline I'll come:)

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is up.

4. sign me up please, thx

5. i'm in

6. To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Péter Bártfai (maybe)
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Lasse Oinas
    4. Pau Ribas

7. Yes please, come on people, its not an alien club, just a racing club where we all have some good, clean racing - so get signing up and support RD's events!

8. Sign me up :)

1. Péter Bártfai (maybe)
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Lasse Oinas
    4. Pau Ribas
    5. Kieron Swart

9. Sign me up :)
    1. Péter Bártfai (maybe)
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Lasse Oinas
    4. Pau Ribas
    5. Kieron Swart
    6. Jari Aikio

10. I'll check later if i join, i have serious stuff to do and no idea how long it will take..

11. Yes #7 was a sign up !

12. Go Aware Simracing Team! Count me in, Ill cover your '6 Dave.

13. Sign me up please.
    1. Péter Bártfai (maybe)
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Lasse Oinas
    4. Pau Ribas
    5. Kieron Swart
    6. Jari Aikio
    7. Kennett Ylitalo (maybe)
    8. Dan Watson

14. Sign me in please

15. I'll have a play. Enjoyed my first visit here not so long ago.

16. Hiya Dave, :)

I'm in free practice with you now mate.

And, just should you come here before the race I wanted to lift a weight off your shoulders.

I was at this last event with you. When entering the large bend on to the main straight, you lost the back-end and messing two racers lives. You graciously waited and gave the spots back.

So, don't put yourself through all that again when you see me dragging you in on the same corner. ....Just move over!

PSYCH!!!!

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

sign me up please.

18. Race 1: lap 1 was a bit messy, in T4 3 of us came too close and I couldn't stay on track as a result. Then, still in first lap at T12 there was an accident and I slowed down. Unfortunately Dan didn't notice it in time and hit me from behind. Then I was chasing Kieron, we got side by side in the long straight after T4, after the kink he started to move left, I guess he didn't know I was there, as I saw in replay that he did exactly the same movement in the other direction what I did when I noticed he is coming towards me, unfortunately in my direction there was no track left, and I spun. I only got a better position at the end because others made mistakes, had a very close last lap with Dave! That was a nice finish:)

Race 2: I spun in T1 lap 2, hit the wall and lost left front wheel.

Thanks Remco for the event!:)

19. Of man, what a race. Couldn't drive at qualy or race1, real life interviened. But race2 was great, very tight racing with good drivers, nice vevening. I had a looong fight with Dennis after i spun the first time and ended up it the last place, there was just no room to join the track there. But spins were a many so it's was up and down the scoreboard until we settled at the back.

I was 0.4 behind, computer said "hick-up" and when i finally gained control 1,6s lost, difference now 2s.. Aaargghhh.. Then again got close and lost front end at the last corner, had to back up. Drove the wheels off, got close, spun.. Then finally i got past but it wasn't for long, Dennis seemed to pick up pace too so he was harassing me. I noticed that he had a lot shorter brakedistance in T3 so he got too close for comfort a lot..

Sorry about that, i tried to shorten braking but that was even worse for me, i just turn in too early then.. Finally i spun and Dennis waited since he touched during that spin. Didn't have to wait, mate, i was trying to signal that you can pass again but we got the final corner synced up pretty nice but that frontend aero loss just steered me out track with full throttle. With normal balance it oversteered there, pretty significant change. my car oversteered everywhere but i kinda like Masters like that. A bit tailhappy, there's not so much power...

Pneumatics worked pretty ok, need more pressure.. Need to increase cylinders size and default pressure.. Can't drive without them anymore, Allthough i lost some pressure in 25 minutes, pedals felt looser at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.