AC Formula Master @ Donington Park - Saturday 23rd May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry to everyone I stuffed over tonight, left early because I am pretty annoyed with myself. Anything that comes my way is deserved. Hopefully I can get my act together by the time the league comes around.

That was a really fun race! :)
Felt like I finally found a nice balance mid way through qualifying, and so I had a great start, but @Sun Levi and @Niki Đaković were just way too quick. Congrats guys! Really looking forward to seeing you two duke it out in the league :) should be a great battle!

Cheers @Chris Innes for the little scrap we had. Can't believe I blew it on the last lap! Haha I just got on the accelerator too early and spun the rear around.

Cheers fellas! Great race :)

Sorry about the last corner @Niki Đaković, you were way slower than expected there, I was actually going pretty slow myself but then locked up and just slightly touched you. It was still my fault though :D:roflmao: Great race up until that point, you were so fast & consistent!

Last edited:
I've never been a Formula guy. However, I like the feel of this smaller Formula, that is until I misjudged the speed in which the trackgrip was increasing and made a mistake setting up diff which caused piles of understeer (might have been only costing me 0.1per lap). The laptimes in race were a lot slower then qualifying.. First the fuel, later Pirelli tire.

Still, little easier with throttle and I managed it, but there was no getting away from you Sun. It's a good battle. My hart beat was well up for majority of the event. I'd tried some different lines on straights, but you just followed them all and that Chicane was the trickiest corner on track. Few times I'd gain ground there, other times not. Would of wished there was some kind of bollard on the inside to judge the apex and cutting better.

Still, it was a weird track this. Must be the lowest top speed of all. Might be even shorter straight then Nurbg and Silverstone. Qualifying played a vital role. Just as you got back onto the gearbox of me, it was time to brake. I imagine the race on SPA, Monza and even Imola would be vastly different with straight twice as long. Props to you for not trying stupid stuff. I know it's hard to constrain yourself from just trowing it away when it's that intense for laps without end. However, I'm also sure you very much enjoyed it. Still, the last corner was weird. Actions speak louder then the words and you sure as hell didn't wait for me there buddy. We'll see next time how this pans out. Certainly hope it doesn't get to that again!

If that was a league race obviously I would've given the place back, I always wait for people if I hit them in club races but this was the last corner on the last lap lol :D

And yeah I did enjoy that alot! It's always nice to race someone new :thumbsup: I got close to you a couple of times and thought I had the chance to overtake but it was pretty risking to make a move with the pace we were going, awesome drive from you though! I don't recall seeing you make any real mistakes! :)

@Sun Levi : I saw you all alone on some videos a while ago. After I tried this car too I figured it would be nice to challenge you. It's new car to me and I'm enjoying the driving of it. Sure I knew we'd be close with pace, but mate it's intensifying how close we got. Proper.

Rightly I do enjoy it when it's this close. Yea winning is all nice and that, but it's just better when you earn it. Leading is a real challenge when you've got a match and sure enough doing three leagues and there are rivals any place I go, it's great.

Can you please make a short clip from your car how did it look? Or a little replay to download. I would like to see it. You know, from your replay. For what I know the connection is European, but stable.

Sure I'll make a video later today, It wasn't actually that bad really, When I get close I do notice abit of unnatural movements, like the cars looking like it's going straight when your cornering. But it was still very raceable, just have to be that tiny bit extra careful! ;)

I was right about being slow in practice. Two laps in and @Sun Levi and @Niki Đaković were doing laps faster than my best on an optimum track....actually, I think everyone was doing laps faster :).

The only hope I had was keeping the car on the track and having other have problems. I kept it mostly on the track except for running wide a couple of places (but no horrible spins). Still trying to get used to the car and with a lot of practice, I may get a bit better.

I fired up the replay to watch Sun and Niki go at it and was just amazed at their consistency and how they were turning out laps 3 sec faster than I was even though they were battling it out all through the race. One thing I saw that Niki and Sun did that I need to work on us being able to use every inch of the track. I'm way too scared of losing it on the curbs to even venture near....but it makes it a bit tougher to be fast if you end up narrowing the track like that.

Yes you should always use every inch of the track, just make sure you stay within the white lines though, I cheated last night and cut the chicane almost every lap :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back