1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Master @ Donington GP - Thursday, March 18th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Mar 14, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Class: Formula Master

Track: Donington GP
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:00 EST / 18:00 WST / 2:00 GMT (Friday)
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 20mins
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Entry List:

1. William Nowell
    2. Saul Boucher
    3. Bill Kaiser
    4. Eric Estes
    5. Yves Larose
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
  3. Count me in!
  4. Sign me up, I've been meaning to give these cars a try.
  5. These cars are a blast to drive so sign me up please.
  6. Me too, please.
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up guy's
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i should be there for this one
  9. cool thx Yves!
  10. Hey guys, I'm looking forward to the race tonight. This is one of my favorite tracks in NFS shift. Hopefully I can stay in the game long enough to actually race this time. This will be my 3rd club race so far and I have not finished one yet:frown:. Hopefully that will change tonight:thumbup:.
  11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

not sure i'm gonna be able to make it guy's, unexpected baby dutie call, seems lately that i can,t get any racing done :frown:
  12. Guys, I had my best race so far in my race department career tonight. Donington GP is one of my favorite tracks so I went into the race feeling pretty good about it. I qualified second on the grid and was ready to fight off all challengers. Race one went great, I took the lead going in to turn one and held it the whole race. Something must have happened behind me because I was given a 10 second gap and when I came by the start/finish line Willie was in the pits. Race one was the first race that I've finished and I won it, that's a great feeling. Race two wasn't so easy, I lost it on the start and fell to 3rd behind Bill I believe. Thanks to some mistakes that he made I ended up in second behind Eric who was running a good pace. Lucky he ran wide and off the track in turn 4 allowing me to take first. I lead for a few laps until I ran wide and he got by me. I closed down a 5 sec gap to him and tried to put as much pressure on him as I could. Chasing him down I set my fastest lap as of yet on that track. After a few laps the pressure worked and he made a mistake and let me back into the lead. I felt like a fish on hook as I would pull a 5-6 sec gap only to have him walk it back down, this happened serveral times. I was lucky enough to stay in front of him all the way up to the last lap. Crossing the start/finish line I thought the race was over, boy was I surprised. Eric took that chance to close that gap down from 4 seconds to being right on my bumber. I was in panic mode and cracked under the pressure going into turn 4. I got loose and slide off the track and into the wall, I thought my eye balls were going to pop out of my head as I watch my front tire roll by me. All said and done, I had a great time tonight. Thanks guys. Eric, rematch next Thursday, be ready.
  13. LOL WILLIAM! I was wondering what expletives you used when you realized that when the lap counter matches n bothsides you still have to race the last lap.......

Glad you had fun and congrats on the win!
  14. Congratulations to William and Eric on the wins. I made some mistakes in the first race that left me 10 seconds in arrears and the second race I went off course avoiding Willie. Managed two P2s though.
  15. Thank you SO MUCH for the time modifications to the schedule Eric starting next week. I SOOOOOOOoooooo much want to race the FMasters events ( and the others too)

Thanks again,

16. Bob it's no probs my friend! We still finish same time round 11PM here we just made it easier for you guys to get here!
  17. A blast!

After a less than spactacular night in the Mini's, was looking forward to a little grip in the corners :cool:.

Qual: I knocked off as quick a lap as I had practiced early on, but ll of us were within a second and a half or so of each other, so I was nervous to the last minute. Did manage my first Pole in a race with more than 1 car!

Race 1: William got an excellent hole shot into turn 1 and never looked back. I never quite came to terms with the car in this race, slipping and spinning my way to 3rd.

Race 2: Much better start. Fall in behind Willie, set up for a pass out of the old harpin, but drive it in a little deep on the cold tires and end up on the grass. Held it together and fell back in line, holding position. Pull the same maneuver in McLeans, but this time William gets by - Willie spins coming out of the next corner, leaving me to track down William. I'm right behind him for all of lap 2, and finally overtake when he locks up going into Goddards and misses the corner. After that, it's a mirror full of William for the next 3 or so laps, then I lock up and miss Turn 1 and he slips by down the Craner S's. After that, it's like William said, reel him in, then typically lose time with a quick spin in the Melbourne hairpin. Finally got a handle on that, and started pulling up over the last couple of laps - making most of the time from the old hairpin at the bottom of the hill through Coppice. I've within 2 sec. going into the last lap, when he pulls up and then slightly offs Turn 1, putting me right in his tailpipe. Coming through 4, I run wide into the grass - race lost - only to see William spinning off to the right as he pulls out of the corner. Merry Christmas and I'm careful coming home to my first On-Line win.

Thanks to Eric N and RD!! Thanks to William, Willie, and Bill (?!) for a couple of great races. William, you're on, but It'll have to wait two weeks as next week I'll be at a car rally (Miatas @ Myrtle Beach) doing some autocross and oval track time.