Formula Legacy Manager - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to give the more "1st pick" that could be possible for everyone.

Well now you'll need to pick your Sponsor/Rewards that you can find on the first page.
I recommend you to not pick something too high, even if you think you should reach the goal easily, try to secure some money first ^^ But i'll be impressed by someone who will take risks ;)

Remember the level of your Team :
Tier 1 : Ferrari Lotus Tyrrell
Tier 2 : BRM March McLaren
Tier 3 : Matra Brabham Surtees
Tier 4 : Shadow Williams Martini

And by the way i'll ask you to always post on the forum this way :

"Manager Name
Team Name

(What you want to do or say : upgrades, role-play, choice, contract offer etc..)"
99% sure that previously BRM was listed as tier 1...

to do list
  • get the teamname changed to BRT
  • celebrate getting BRT into F1
  • win the game

The full grid with each "contract years left" for every Driver :
1479156953-capture-d-ecran-2016-11-14-a-21-54-17.png

And by the way i'll ask you to always post on the forum this way :

"Manager Name
Team Name

(What you want to do or say : upgrades, role-play, choice, contract offer etc..)"

Well that's a bit crap, I have the unknown driver for way longer than the driver I actually want in the team haha. Also a shame I got stuck in a complete backmarker, would have prefered to a lower midfield team and actually being able to qualify lol
99% sure that previously BRM was listed as tier 1...
It was tier 2, I do remember that one

@Meff28s
Are the Driver rewards automatic?
How many sponsors do we get to chose?
When can we switch sponsors?
I'm sure it's all in the rules somewhere and I just missed it by reading too fast.

@kedy89 & @Jimlaad43
Ah ah ! i've changed the way drivers evolved through their career and the levels between every team because of the new entries. I can't explain to you everything without Spoiling some stats i have to keep secret but you were right, BRM was Tier 1, in fact their were the worst Tier 1 team. Now BRM is the best Tier 2. In fact its level didn't change at all. Only Lotus, which I originally set too low, has become better. But i've already said too much ^^

@Milos
it would have been hard for me to set less than 3 years of contract for the founder of the Team ^^ however you're right, everyone else have their best driver set for a longer period than their worst driver, or at least 2 years, it should be the same for you ;)

@rubaru
I don't understand your question about the rewards. My Excel sheet calculate the rewards for every race. After the first quarter of the season, i'll post a picture of how much everyone have earned.
You have to choose only one sponsor which will be set for the whole season. Before each season you'll choose your new sponsor/rewards (which could stay the same you had)

By the way, Milos asked me in private an interesting question that i should share with all of you :
"If I retire, with the top 10 sponsor, but I'm classified inside the top 10, do I still get sponsor money for a top 10 result?"
the answer is no. A retired car is not "classified".

In F1, a retired car would be classified if it finishes top 10 and with 90% laps completed...(Is 90% correct?)
You're maybe correct but my simulator is more simple and does not tell me when or how the cars retire. It's basically based on all the stats with additional random values. Aerodynamics Engine and Mechanics for the car, DrivingSkills and Aggression for the drivers.
But in all the races i've simulated with 20 cars, the smallest number of cars that finished the race was 12. with 24 cars it should be around 15 i guess. But you all have low mechanics value which means lots of retirement.

Everyone will have a Team with 2 signed drivers and with only 6 positions gaining points, more than 24 cars should be stupid. More Teams also means less room for improvement.
But in all the races i've simulated with 20 cars, the smallest number of cars that finished the race was 12. with 24 cars it should be around 15 i guess. But you all have low mechanics value which means lots of retirement.
Seeing how many DNFs they had back in the day, I don't think more than 24 cars would be stupid. I'd consider 15 finishing a lot already.

Seeing how many DNFs they had back in the day, I don't think more than 24 cars would be stupid. I'd consider 15 finishing a lot already.

F1 1971 average grid size/race : 23,27
F1 1971 average retired cars/race : 10,73
(means 12,55 cars/race that finish)

You're right about the DNFs rate, however i considered it could be very frustrating to have a retirement rate this high, especially for back-marker teams. But ok i'll lower the retirement trigger a little bit ;)

I would prefer Tecno to be called Tecno instead of Martini which was just a sponsor of the team. That way it wouldn't be confused with the French Martini team which was racing at lower formulae at the time.

@Meff28s What does the car level (aero and engine) mean exactly?
It is not realistic at all but it is the two values that affect your overall car pace on the track.
The difference between the two is that Engine is more important in Quali and Aero is more important during Race (which isn't realistic at all XD but whatever i had to call them something)

As written in the first post, your overall pace will be :
Qualifications -> 3/5 of Engine + 2/5 of Aero
Race ------------> 3/5 of Aero + 2/5 of Engine

It means that if you have 60/100 Aero and 40/100 Engine, you will be 52/100 Race and 48/100 Quali

By the way I've only received one Sponsor pick yet from Ferrari, you should all do the same ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back