1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula KS2 @ Your choice: Silverstone - Wednesday October 31st 2012

Discussion in 'netKar PRO' started by Senad Subasic, Oct 27, 2012.

Choose a track

Poll closed Oct 30, 2012.
  1. A1 Ring

33.3%
  2. Aviano Full GP

16.7%
  3. Silverstone

50.0%
  1. [​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT [​IMG]
    Class: Formula KS2
    Track: your choice
    A1 Ring
    Aviano Full GP
    Silverstone
    Weather: dry
    KS2 skin pack: click here (extract to your nkpro folder)

19:30 GMT: Practice
    20:10 GMT: Qualification (20 minutes)
    20:30 GMT: Race (32 laps, ~45 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download here). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.
    Click this link to login to Teamspeak

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Daniel Petko
    2. Kjell Eilertsen
    3. Daniel Ouff
    4. Maciej Dolinski
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver

2. Poll will close in 3 days.

3. Voted for A1 Ring and sign me up if this combo will gather the largest number of votes

Im not sure about new opportunity to vote on the tracks. Is only a few days to prepare and check the setup of car and whats tires act - seems to me that this not enough

4. Good point. Some people may want to train in weekends. But voting for track in my opinion is great idea, but maybe it would be possible to start pool a lot earlier (even before wednesday race). So by friday/saturday everything would be decided.

5. I'll try to put up events on Wednesdays, and put up a poll that will close on Saturday morning.

Anyway, please note that DST starts tonight, so the start time has been moved. For the majority of people, this won't make any difference, because we all pretty much change at the same time, but just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you for your effort!
    I just wanted to make point that with 2/3 days to prepare you are dependent on having some free time. If something jumps at the start of the week you won't have time to learn track.
    Downside is that it gives you Senad more work to do when preparing next event.

7. in

8. Sign me up for this! I hope for Aviano GP but will attend no matter which track it is. Can't vote from my phone but I'll vote once I'm home from work.

9. I'll try and make this one - Silverstone for me.

10. No track map in NetKar Pro? Need to learn the track the hard way :p
    If I'm lucky I'll manage to stay on track on Wednesday :p

11. Well, some cars and some tracks have a picture of it on the steering wheel :D

12. In (i think)

13. Heya Daniel, hope you can make it.

Planned running the Abarth for next week though, but we might switch to FTarget if you can make it :D

14. Hmmph I was training on Silverstone and now A1 has as many votes, you can count on me crashing out first lap unless some more people vote for Aviano (as that's the only track I've actually spent some time on :p)

15. Silverstone has more votes, counting just the people who have signed up.

16. It is every racer's duty to lap Silverstone for hours and hours. I love just about every version of it: from the classic GPL version which is as fast and furious as Monza, to the 80s version with all the changes, to the modern version. A classic. A1 however, is a shadow of the Osterriechring.

17. Maybe so, but we will use a modern car so i didn't see any sensible reason to not vote for this track. Vintage fits more for super fast Osterriechring any way

18. I have changed the KS2's dash lights to show the info in different colours. It allows a quick glance to see the laptime, gear, speed etc, more clearly than the all red readout.
    You can alter the colours in the testdash file to get a range of colours; these are the ones I got after a bit of experimenting.
    [​IMG]

As I can't upload a .rar file here, I'll post the relevant bits in here if you want to copy paste into your testDash.NKD file
    Back up your original testDash file before installing.
    It is found here: your drive/nkpro13/cars/formulaKS2/nkdk/testDash.NKD

BASEFRAME=STEER
    BASEPOS=0.0,0.00,-0.00

BEGIN CGearDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=-0.008,0.076,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.02
    HEIGHT=0.02
    COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.520

END

BEGIN CTimeDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=-0.025,0.055,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.015
    HEIGHT=0.015
    COLOR=0.0,0.247,0.541
    TYPE=LASTLAP
    KERN=0.5
    END

BEGIN CTimeDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=-0.06,0.055,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.01
    HEIGHT=0.01
    COLOR=1.0,0.0,0.0
    TYPE=PERF
    KERN=0.5
    END

BEGIN CTimeDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=-0.058,0.074,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.015
    HEIGHT=0.015
    COLOR=1.0,0.0,0.0
    TYPE=RPM
    KERN=0.5
    END

BEGIN CTimeDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=0.025,0.074,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.015
    HEIGHT=0.015
    COLOR=0.0,0.247,0.541
    TYPE=SPEED
    KERN=0.5
    END

BEGIN CTimeDisplay

TEXTURE=font2.tga
    POSITION=0.035,0.055,-0.001
    WIDTH=0.008
    HEIGHT=0.008
    COLOR=1.0,0.0,0.0
    TYPE=FUEL
    KERN=0.5
    END

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's pretty cool. Might split that into a new topic later.

20. I want to get some green in there too. It is the 256 colour range that determines it, as above you can see the 3 info bits I changed, RPM, Speed and Lastlap.