Formula ks2 @ Bahrein wednesday January 5th 2011

yes Lee ,not the braking zones are not safe, we must stay on the ideal trajectory, the exterior seems to slip, no doubt convert the circuit which is the basis for GTR2, has tried to bring out the dirty side of the exterior of the trajectory (sand)

I forgot, I think NetKar unlike other simulation does not handle the track temperature, tire temperatures and are mainly based on the profile of the circuit (more or less abrasive)parameters provided by the creator of the circuit simulation engine

Well, my flight this evening was canceled, so I won't be home tomorrow in time to race. Shame. I hope everyone will be sure to drink lots of fluids so as not to dehydrate in that dry desert air! Good luck to all for a great race.

I forgot, I think NetKar unlike other simulation does not handle the track temperature, tire temperatures and are mainly based on the profile of the circuit (more or less abrasive)parameters provided by the creator of the circuit simulation engine

In V1.0 to 1.02 (the old interface) there were options to set both track and air temperature. I seem to remember talking to Stefano about it during beta, in that air temperature affects engine performance and track temperature the tyre dynamics.

I have no idea why the GUI option is gone (no doubt for the same unknown reason that full mode is gone), but it may be still possible to set it via INI files.

I think it may be possible to set it in the server INI file .

The answer to that is "Don't break your wing"

I don't suggest that racing with full mode should happen (Though if it went to vote I would), merely that taking the option out of the GUI for the sim just seems strange. I do not understand why any features, especially those that enrich the depth of the simulator, would be removed.

If you can turn it on or off, fine, but why remove the option when it was there in the first place?

Anyway.... So we're going racing tonight?

Hi, is there still a place?? I would take it :)
you're in mate :thumb:

about "full mode": in the past was asked to Casillo why it was "deprecated" and he told us that this feature is too expensive to sustain, in other words he is forced to "design to cost"

anyway also for me it's a pity to remove at all a feature that you can also disable inside the game (to save repairing time, very long)

He Jon
it's not always me that breaks my rear spoiler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but the "full mode" I do not deny it makes racing a lot cleaner, and allows you to think twice before embarking on a risky maneuver (preserve its wing! lol) although on the stroke RaceDepartment is clean and fair competition
But the response time on the cars are too long on cars whose Netcode is abnormally operated.
but no controversy, and I'll be especially careful tonight not to break my wings! lol

Français:(because i have not confiance in my translat)
He Jon,
c'est pas toujours moi qui casse mon aileron arriere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mais le "full mode" je ne le conteste pas,il rend les course beaucoup plus propre, et permet de faire réfléchir à deux fois avant d'entamer une manoeuvre hasardeuse (preserver son aileron!!!lol) bien que sur RaceDepartment les course soit propre et les concurrents correct
Mais les temps d'intervention sur les voitures sont trop long sur des voitures dont le netcode est anormalement géré.
mais pas de polémiques , et je vais faire particulierement attention ce soir de ne pas casser mes ailerons!!!lol

Oui Laurent, je comprends.

Votre traducteur n'est pas grand, mais je sais ce que vous dites. :)

I think for full mode, the aspect of waiting long time for repairs is something I could live without, but a facility that forces you to retire and prevents someone pressing escape to go back to the pits and click "fix" is more real and would make people more calm, especially on lap one.

Race 1.
I started crashing into the wall right from the start (well done Steffen lol), after that it went fairly well not that I could get closer to the lead, I dont have that speed :)
Race 2.
I had a desent start but soon went out of the track and when entering the track I didnt see Paul H. and hid him (terrible sorry about that Paul).

Two very good races for me, great start in both and very close battles, finishing in 5th the first one and grabbing a win falling from the sky on the second one.

Oliver and Colin were really fast, still keep Colin behind me during some laps, but lose second place when I go bit wide and after when the tires start to lose grip made a few mistakes, so in final laps the goal was just to keep 3th place, until in the final lap I was took by surprise when I was the first to cross the line.

Thanks to Bjorn, Alessandro and all who joined!

Yeah was fun. Mostly I'm happy to have finally finished a race after being gone for a while. Starting to get more car control and be a little more consistent, but I'm still missing some key ingredient that puts me down 3-4 seconds off the pace. Eventhough I did a 139.9999999999 in private I was not able to reproduce this online!

Race two I had some bad luck, no worries Steffen, I'm capable of the same thing at any given time! haha

This was a great learning experience on a not so easy track, not much grip and pretty slidey.
The connection was really smooth tonight except for the first part of the first lap in race one, I got some lags with the car in front. Considering it was pretty full grid, looks like the netcode is solid for running this track.

Thanks again to Bjorn and Alessandro and others for setups and advice!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back