Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

LOL yeah, I know you are right...just can't find a good answer...so do they have this button to deploy energy whenever they want?

According to this artcile they don't.

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/52167-how-does-ers-deployment-work.html

"...How are these megajoules used on track? Basically, the energy is transferred to the drive shaft in chosen straights for a handful of seconds. Ahead of the race, teams pre-select the circuit area where the MGU-K will be activated and for how long. Their decisions are based on a mathematical analysis, as Mercedes engine boss Andy Cowell recently explained during a media event held in Brixworth.

“You end up with graphs where there are ten different straights around the circuit and you haven’t got an infinite amount of energy to deploy through the MGU-K, so you do need to work out on which straight you’re going to deploy the MGU-K for two seconds and on which straight you’re going to deploy it for only one second.

“So we do the analysis looking at the ten straights and we can see that [on some] we are getting good lap time benefit for even longer deployment. As opposed to [another] straight where there’s just no point. For example we’ll select a 0.2s MGU-K burst and then turn it off, save the energy for another straight where we’ll get a greater reward on the lap time.”
They do, its just for the most part they shouldn't need it due to the automatic/programmed deployment. They still have an override button for overtaking or whatever.

Thank you for the reply mate! :)
I should be more explanatory in my further post regarding such questions like yours, and make not only short one-line notes! :rolleyes: ;)
From your original post i concluded that the background of the article was a comparison of the activation of KERS between the current hybrid power trains and the pre 2014 1st-gen KERS.
The normal (optimal) deployment of the ERS allocation in the hybrid powertrains is based on track-postion and driving profiles (qualy-mode, charging-mode, overtake, etc.). Depending of the race situation the driver is able to switch between these modes. AFAIK all cars haven an 'overtake' button to use maximum power to overtake or defend with one push, a shortcut not to use one or more rotary switches to switch engine modes.
And with no link given to the article from the mysterious internet-source, i did not make an proper explanatory answer.;)

I knew Kuno's would screw up the SF70. Not even close to this mod. Lacking detail in FFB, ridiculous turbo lag in low gears and slow exits. Overall lacking grip, not as connect to the road as the hybrid. Please go help Kuno's how to code a open wheeler, they're doing something really wrong. Not one of their own open wheelers feel good to me besides the formula abarth.

Vettel did 1:42s at spa this year, I see no chance of the Kuno's SF70 getting near that in this state

...Overall lacking grip, not as connect to the road as the hybrid...

Not sure what kind of dlc have you tried...I made some laps in Monza and the SF70 is stick to the ground like having glue on the bottom...actually it's a fantastic dlc in my opinion, as Hybrid is a great mod.. :)

I knew Kuno's would screw up the SF70. Not even close to this mod. Lacking detail in FFB, ridiculous turbo lag in low gears and slow exits. Overall lacking grip, not as connect to the road as the hybrid. Please go help Kuno's how to code a open wheeler, they're doing something really wrong. Not one of their own open wheelers feel good to me besides the formula abarth.

Vettel did 1:42s at spa this year, I see no chance of the Kuno's SF70 getting near that in this state

Except that turbo lag I couldn't disagree more.

Yeah I agree for the Turbo lag, while I disagree for everything else

Not sure what kind of dlc have you tried...I made some laps in Monza and the SF70 is stick to the ground like having glue on the bottom...actually it's a fantastic dlc in my opinion, as Hybrid is a great mod.. :)
Try taking t3 in Barcelona full throttle as easy as they do IRL. I feel like the rear is more nervous than it should be.

What setup are you running? Real cars in Barcellona use the highest downforce setup possible

Tried a few settings ranging from standard to full downforce. It´s understeery at some places, which I can live with, but most of the times in high speed corners it feels like the aero balance it just giving up at some point and the rear steps out. Not messed with ride heights etc yet, but out of the box the car is really messy at the rear imo.

Tried a few settings ranging from standard to full downforce. It´s understeery at some places, which I can live with, but most of the times in high speed corners it feels like the aero balance it just giving up at some point and the rear steps out. Not messed with ride heights etc yet, but out of the box the car is really messy at the rear imo.

I did some changes to the setup yesterday while testing at silverstone, I can see what you say, the rear is quite unstable compared to what we see in real life cars.. but I don’t know how much this is due to the setup. I tried a bit more of a rake setup and it was a bit better, but there are so many things in the setup that I don’t know how to handle.. I have the feeling that every problem we have in the car can be solved setting up the car. The only problem is that I don’t know how to do it ahaha

I did some changes to the setup yesterday while testing at silverstone, I can see what you say, the rear is quite unstable compared to what we see in real life cars.. but I don’t know how much this is due to the setup. I tried a bit more of a rake setup and it was a bit better, but there are so many things in the setup that I don’t know how to handle.. I have the feeling that every problem we have in the car can be solved setting up the car. The only problem is that I don’t know how to do it ahaha
I made a setup of my own for silverstone and so far i got 1.29.740.

And i'm getting better and better.

Hey guys i just did some testing with 3.3 front camber and 1.1 rear camber and that may have got me a tiny bit slower in some corners but the problem i had in brooklands is almost diminished.

Camber values played us all!.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing