• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Misc Formula Hybrid 2017 - 2D/3D TEMPLATES 1.1

RSS - Race Sim Studio - Templates

1. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
  2. Grabarz

Grabarz

Ratings:
    +11
    Wait can You explain what this mod is ?
    does it adding some new F1 machines or its just 3d model without texture ? or something else ...

3. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    Hi ,
    Its a resource made available for the community who want to paint graphics on our car we released so they have different liveries ect , :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  4. Grabarz

Grabarz

Ratings:
    +11
    so basically you are demanding 4 Euros for your work - fair enough, however idea of mods always was created by players for player for free, sry guys I will not pay that price for 1 car. Have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
    • Angry Angry x 1
  5. BlackToof

BlackToof

Ratings:
    +37
    it is not just a skin, it's a hard work, 4 euros is nothing for us will be passionate by f1 car mod, don't buy it, don't drive it, and bye

6. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    Its basically unofficial DLC ,
    Content created for the game , but not from Kunos , Thank you for your opinion :)

7. Grabarz

Grabarz

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't get You guys, when someone stands out from the river flow he will be punished in comments like the worst from the worst
    You are right I will not drive it, You are also right that this mod it's outstanding and costs many hours of creating, but I've wrote what I'm thinking about paying for it. If its my guilt for saying what I'm thinking then something is wrong with this world

• Like Like x 1
  8. ramokerat

ramokerat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    Is there a way to make a matte skin? For other cars creating another dds file named skin_MAP.dds that is all black usually makes them matte but it doesnt work for this car.

• Like Like x 1
  9. magzire

magzire

Ratings:
    +54
    You're really missing out. This mod has some of the best feeling physics I have drove in any PC sim.
    It feels leaps ahead of Kuno's own F1 content, which I don't know how that's even possible. F138 feels so acardy compared to it, I can't and won't drive it anymore.

Who actually did the physics? And did he do any other mods?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  10. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
  11. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    @David Dominguez

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. pakster

pakster

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I m new to this.

I do have great knowledge of Photoshop but want to ask someone can help find a tutorial once I paint how can I export it into the game ?

Thanks in advance for all of you who will give me feedback.

13. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +338
    Welcome,
    your great knowledge about Photoshop is all you need for this and a lot of patience ;)
    The best way to get an idea how things work is load the templates and a custom skin for it. Open both in Photoshop and you should figured it out. Also a look in the showroom or 3D template of the custom skin will be helpful for your understanding :thumbsup:
    The first steps:
    Create a new folder in the skin folder of the car of your choice, name it for example: ferrari_raikkonen, copy a ui_skin.json (windows editor for chances) from a other skin folder to your new folder ferrari_raikkonen and you're ready to start.
    Most important thing is you've have to save your work exactly with the same name and format like the original once.
    You'll find a lot of great guys here and in the off. forum who would like to help you. Maybe try also to find some tutorials on YT.

Greets and happy painting ;)

After_Midnight

14. magzire

magzire

Ratings:
    +54
    I never got a email for new update :(

15. davewilliams000

davewilliams000

Ratings:
    +75
    Sorry I know this is the wrong thread most likely, but can I ask what that coloured bar is for at the very left of the screen on the in-game wheel. Am trying to replicate the screen layout for a dash for simhub (by wotever).
    Thanks.

16. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    to the left I believe its the fuel :)

17. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    try it ingame in the pits change the fuel levels and see if it changes :)

18. davewilliams000

davewilliams000

Ratings:
    +75
    OK thanks I'll check it. Pretty much always run low fuel for hotlapping so that's why I've not noticed it change before! :D

19. Alfa1750

Alfa1750

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for this great mod! I like making my own skins. Just one question: I can't seem to get rid of the yellow markings on the top ('driver-marking'). The yellow is not in the PDF, nore in the .DDS, so why does it appear?

• Like Like x 1
  20. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,556
    Hi if you check my downloads you will see the RSS2 templates , download those there is a manual there explaining the basic principles of the textures and settings , I believe the T cam is the yellow in one of the display textures but its also inside the black and white alpha channel ,
    please check the PDF :)
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-rss2-v8-2d-3d-templates.16029/