• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Misc Formula Hybrid 2017 - 2D/3D TEMPLATES 1.1

RSS - Race Sim Studio - Templates

1. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
  2. jojo30

jojo30

Ratings:
    +0
    this is mod or only 2 skins for 2 cars

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,134
    just so you know all the facebook groups are sharing your mod.

• Sad Sad x 7
  4. Topuz

Topuz

Ratings:
    +768
    Fiddling around with the skins a bit... I can't seem to get a vibrant color like I want (think Ferrari red), it becomes noticeably darker in game, any advice?

• Like Like x 1
  5. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +83
    can someone please make a red bull skin max verstappen incl helmet ?
    for this monster still cant believe how good it is good job guys:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: sime race studio is the bomb

• Like Like x 1
  6. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    It needs sorting ,
    Its payware not freeware , I know Jose Aguirre , Is involved in distributing content on facebook , @Joshkerr ,
    He has been reported for doing so ,

Under no circumstances is it fine , To share content you purchase private once and distribute it free to the public ,
    And cost a business money ,
    Action will be taken , And communities will loose this type of content ,
    Because without the support of actually selling what we create , As we created it specially for payware , the business for payware ,

The content that we create will no longer be available .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    Can you show a couple of screens , ingame with the red :)

8. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    Its the Templates to paint the standard and s1 edition of the two cars released :)
    Both exact same Templates , the 2017_Finn , Is the S1 Difference .

9. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +83
    @chargingcar .
    What do you mean by this you will never create anymore content because of this <snip>?
    Is there no way to get paid mods only via steam account so it only works for that account kind of iracing type of thing??

So this <snip> can't freely put paid content out there for free....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
  10. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    Hi ,
    RaceSimStudio is a business that has been created , specifically to create solutions for simracing and provide AAA Content by some of the best artists and talents out there ,

The main source of income for this is to create payware content for such communities as RF2 , AMS And AC ,
    The purchase of the content is a license to use the 1 download that is generated for personal use ,

Obviously sharing this content , created via a business and costing this business money ,
    By sharing this payware to the public ,
    Is no longer giving racesimstudio the support it needs , and without this support ,
    How can this content designed to be sold as payware , still be available ?

I am speaking for myself here , This is not any comments via racesimstudio

11. RayDarcy

RayDarcy

Ratings:
    +16
    You're in a seriously grey area here though. You are making content that works only in a copyright protected game, Assetto Corsa. Legally, I doubt you have a leg to stand on, as your work is useless without AC, of which you give not one cent in royalties.

Your mod was of course going to be shared, that's modern life as **** as it is.

All you can do is encourage people to buy it by promising updates etc. For you to complain about filesharing, while using AC's sim with no payment, is ironic.

What's more is that you have provided the skin template, knowing full well that in a matter of days, the entire 2017 F1 grid will be available to race, a good five months before Codemasters launch F1 2017. God know how much they paid for that licence, millions I am guessing.

Again, your work is outstanding, but on very shaky legal ground. Make it as difficult as you can for filesharers, that is all you can do.

PS: I bought your car, it is sensational. I am going to the Melbourne GP as always, so to race these cars there two weeks before the race is a dream come true. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +83
    What I mentioned is selling it thru steam like the dream packs so no one can steal it and prevent them ass holes to get it out for free

13. RayDarcy

RayDarcy

Ratings:
    +16
    Steam will not touch this with a bargepole. This is Codemasters worst nightmare. F1 2017 available before the season starts for a few euro? Codemasters will be FUMING about this for sure!!!

There is not much they can do about the model, but expect a huge backlash against skins when they are uploaded. I expect most to be blocked by RD.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  14. Topuz

Topuz

Ratings:
    +768
    Kunos is using RGB 225, 20, 5 for SF15-T, but notice how skin using the exact same color appears darker on your car. I suspect the material diffuse or ambient is set a bit too low?
    P. S. Noticed the skin previews are also quite dark, probably the same cause.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    Hi ,
    I can change the diffuse values of the chassis ,
    I looked at the settings too on the SF , I Do not always like some of these settings that get used on some cars ,
    Most kunos cars are different , most cars have slightly different settings ,

I believe mine is 3,75 on the diffuse ,
    What Alpha layers are you using , ?

16. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    If you use quite a lot of Fresnel , like the SF ,
    Yes the car seems brighter , but Fresnel causes really bad anti aliasing in my point of view , I dont like that look

17. Topuz

Topuz

Ratings:
    +768
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to chase or match Kunos look, I just feel that the chassis material is a bit too dark. As you said, it's a matter of taste, maybe it's actually the Kunos one that is too bright. :roflmao:

No alpha layers on the image above, just a filled base color for testing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    This is what it looks like to me , Like a coke can , F1 cars are carbon :D
    upload_2017-3-12_11-29-33.png

19. svenh007

svenh007

Ratings:
    +2
    The Mod is absolutely amazing. Great job. Not sure whether I understand correctly but are there some templates for the season 2017 or 2016 available ? If yes, where can these be downloaded ? The Mod contains some nice chassis but not real cars . I assume that it is officially not allowed

20. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,160
    Its a MM Example of a 2017 Chassis we started around the start of august 2016 ,
    Our representation on the 2017 rules ,
    The car represents no official teams as we have no official license ,
    Nor do Pcars for half there cars or tracks , Nor do R3E For quite a lot of there content , Like there GP2 Representation for example ,
    Unless you are creating a MM example of a real car , obviously you need a license to sell it ,

Our work is purely a fictional design created 100% by us ,
    Just enjoy it for what it is )))