Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the variation at season start is determined by the previous seasons results. Thus it gives a small amount of performance (or none at all) as a reward for the previous season. Also means that rookies that start at $1000 aren't necessarily more worthwhile than a veteran with ~$700.
:thumbsup:

Nope, the variation at season start is determined by the previous seasons results. Thus it gives a small amount of performance (or none at all) as a reward for the previous season. Also means that rookies that start at $1000 aren't necessarily more worthwhile than a veteran with ~$700.
Was about to ask the same thing, but Jim beat me to it. Wasn't the thing with variation that lower value results into more consistent performance and higher value in more risky behavior? In which case, imo each driver should have the choice on how to distribute this "bonus" (/penalty) as the result of the previous season based on how they wish to approach the new season. It's really in the eye of the beholder to judge whether the bonus/penalty should be added to or deducted from the Quali and Race variation.

For example, my Variance values are at 265 for Quali and 265 for Race, standard values are 250, which is a change of 15 on each, I would prefer my Race variance to come down and my Quali variance to go up, so would be Quali Variance: 265 and Race Variance: 235 if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
Idk how the variations work, but if its riskier then it can be that the bonus is not a bonus at all, then I think the bonus wuld be better on skills then on variations

Last edited:
Idk how the variations work, but if its riskier then it can be that the bonus is not a bonus at all, then I think the bonus wuld be better on skills then on variations
Putting it on Skills makes it then not desirable going for a rookie driver. With variation, it does mean your driver can be better or not and do you go for the risk.

I do think offering each driver the choice to go + or - on their variation bonus is correct though.

General Impression:
This season seems to have a lot to offer. I expect a good fight at the front with Falcon, DTK, BRT and Optima looking to have a great base to build a title fight on. ART might also be a team to watch and team Keranen seems to find itself in a bit of a pickle, with Aston providing neither a very powerful or reliable engine.

Drivers view:
"This test was very much needed and helped me familiarise with my new team and with the car.

The team and mechanics were very welcoming and provided me with the tools I needed to get going after a difficult previous season.

The car is looking really good, felt really good as well, but am still to push it to its full potential. My new teammate already proves the car is in a good and competitive shape.

Looking very much forward to the start of this season at Melbournes’ Albert Park in a couple of days."

Sponsor:
D5

Upgrades:
Budget: $850
Income: $150 (from contract)
+50 Race Skill ($500)
+10 Quali Skill ($100)
+25 Quali Variance ($200)
+25 Race Variance ($200)

Total of Expenses: $1000
Remaining Budget: $0

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 785
Race BHP: 783
CoF: 4395
Quali Skill: 16010
Race Skill: 16050
Quali Variation: 290
Race Variation: 290

Values already include the team buy of @kedy89 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back