rF2 Formula Ferrari 643 @ Silverstone - Mon 15th Dec

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So, a very exciting driving with that combination ! One of the greatest car on a very demanding track, fabulous, thanks !!
Starting 4th to finish 4th, with a great consistency of course, but the Top3 was out of reach for me.In fact the gaps were big between all of us.

Thank you for great evening with this beasts and grats all who had cojones to join the server. From my point of view, that was maybe the best race I have ever raced in virtual world, because I have never felt such a pressure from behind ... and there were sometimes three guys in my rear mirrors ... for a half an hour and I am tired like I run at least half a marathon :).

Thanks again and looking forward for more :thumbsup:.

That was 30 minutes of the best racing on RF2. Great car on a great track and 16 or 17 cars in a club race.
I had a big battle with @Joao Fernandes and @Martin Bulgin the 3 of us together for many laps.
We all had similar pace and with the dirty air on such fast but down-force dependent track if was really tricky to get close enough for a pass.
I got a run on Joao out of Stowe and into the final chicane. We managed I think to pass that complex without contact and I had made the pass.I had an opportunity on Martin out of Chapel and pulled alongside down the straight. I just had to stay there and claim Stowe as there may not have been another chance. I hope it wasnt "too robust ".
Steve Combey was just keeping a small gap to my rear and I spun with 2 laps to go so he got the spot.
Thank you gents for such hard clean racing.
Just loved it. P7 but superb racing.

Thanks all and thank @Gijs van Elderen for organising it.

Great replay, Frank, thanks! And sorry for a bit agressive overtaking ((. I initialy thought I overtook David, but after watching you replay I saw it was you.

By the way, how did you managed to make the replay including Track Map on the screen?

No worries!
It is cause I live streamed it ;-).

Had a good time for my first race in an open wheeler. Done some practice laps in them over the years but never really felt good enough to compete in a race in them. Being that this was a club race I figured why not and actually learned a lot about this style of racing. Way off the pace in quali and race but found myself running in 12th and doing consistent laps. Started to get my times down towards the end but I must have cut the track somewhere because it didn't count my second to last lap and I ended up 14th by penalty. Thanks for the event though, was a great way to get my feet wet in this style of driving. Its such a different beast. My body is trained to blip on downshifts and I have a hard time bringing myself to downshift as fast as I think I should be. You go from 7th to 2nd so fast. Closed top cars would surely try to step out with that kind of abuse! Look forward to some more of this though

I don't know why but I always struggle a bit around the new Silverstone and last night was the first of four races I have there this week :) I really like this mod although it felt a bit different to the version we raced at Suzuka, thought I was doing ok holding David and Joao off but I abused my front left far too much and couldn't do much to stop them passing, great fun as always though.

That was really intense. Never a moment to relax. :)
I gained a few positions in the first lap due to other people mistakes but knew it would be hard to keep them behind me. Tried the best i could but my mistakes sent me back a few places.:p
There i stayed always pushing trying to maintain the gap to the the car behind and closing in the the car in front. I was really close to win another position but by the end i couldn't make the pass and the tires started to suffer from the abuse.:cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%