1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Formula E: Loïc Duval replaces Oriol Servià for Miami

Discussion in 'Formula E Championship' started by Jordan Adcock, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Loic Duval.jpg
    2013 Le Mans winner Loïc Duval will replace Dragon Racing driver Oriol Servià for this weekend’s Miami ePrix.

In a last-minute move so typical of this series’ first ever year, the 32 year-old Frenchman will be teammate to Jerome d’Ambrosio at the squad as Formula E has its first of two American rounds in the Florida city, before moving onto a shortened version of the famous Long Beach street track in California.

Servià finished in the top ten in all four Formula E races so far and is currently 12th in the championship standings with seven races to go, including Miami. Dragon Racing is 5th in the teams’ championship behind Andretti Autosport, who have themselves brought in ex-Toro Rosso driver Scott Speed in place of Matty Brabham for Saturday’s race.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Do we know why?
  3. airutonpurosuto8912

Well, IMO Duval never had a taste of high-class open-wheel racing. He's gonna get one - in Formula E.
  4. @Nox No, it was simply announced yesterday by the series organiser.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

I would disagree with that. Just check out the series he's joined. Result's aren't too good, but he has experience.

6. airutonpurosuto8912

Oh, you are right. He raced in Formula 3 with some good results..
  7. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

Not many, but he's had a few podiums over the 2 years he was there. But at least no one can say that he doesn't have open wheel experience.
  8. airutonpurosuto8912

But in high-class open wheel racing he does have experience, like in F3 I think.
  9. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. He DOES have the experience. Sorry, my fault. I may have misunderstood what you were initially saying.