Formula E Gen2

• Thread starter Deleted member 387850
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

I know Formula E remains divisive, but what are the thoughts on the Gen2 cars? I have to say I quite like the aggressive styling and enormous rear diffuser. I'm also impressed at how they managed to make the halo as unobtrusive as possible. I still strongly dislike the halo concept in general, but it looks like they've been able to design the car around it better than what I've seen to date.

I've been looking at the pictures on my lunch break, I agree a really space age looking race car.

Yes it's on the verge of becoming a prototype, but I think the goal all along was to give FE it's own identity and judging by the pictures they have achieved that.

Shame about the halo, the colour scheme is clever as the black obviously hides certain shapes, including the outline of the halo device itself. If it was bright white or yellow it would obviously be a lot more visible.

I'm not an aero expert but it looks like the design is more about looks rather than actual performance (the rear "wing" probably doesn't do much, it's all about that massive diffuser underneath) but even so it will be interesting to see how the car looks once it starts running.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%