Formula E: Driverless Support Series Announced

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the cars could be run on the actual ai of different racing simulators... like Kunos would enter a car loaded with their Assetto Corsa ai, ISI would run a premier rFactor 2 ai car and a "cheaper" sister car with rF1 ai etc. Everyone would be there.... R3E, GSCE, Codemasters, pCars, Forza, Gran Turismo, Next Car Game: Wreckfest... The Safety Car could be run on the Police car ai of Need For Speed: Most Wanted. And, finally, to engage the audience, the pit functions could actually be directed by community members using an online multiplayer session of Car Mechanic Simulator.

I'd watch every (half lap long) race of that, I promise!

...sorry... couldn't help it :) ...now where did I put my meds?

As a marshal, what the hell would I have to do there? How will they see and obey flag rules? How will they slow down in a yellow flag zone for example. So what happens when one does crash, how is it supposed to be cleaned up safely? And what if the car goes rogue and drives through an escape road gap? Although an interesting idea, this seems a step too far.

I will not even bother about thinking how stupid this idea is. Only last year we had the first robot car go around a circuit, and now we will have a series, with that plus overtaking, plus yellow flags, plus blue flags. I tell you this: this series is not going to happen anytime soon. It will fail teribbly in testing and will be dropped.

That is the stupidest idea I 've heard for a long time. Mickey Mouse Races.....wtf. But I have to admit, the marketing strategy for Kinetec behind *this* is brilliant.

As a marshal, what the hell would I have to do there? How will they see and obey flag rules? How will they slow down in a yellow flag zone for example. So what happens when one does crash, how is it supposed to be cleaned up safely? And what if the car goes rogue and drives through an escape road gap? Although an interesting idea, this seems a step too far.
Seeing flags is not an issue at all, there are already cars today that can read roadsigns and give you a heads up display showing you important info like the current speed limit etc, if it can read signs it can read colors too :p

When you take off the men, it is no longer a sport.
I know it'll have a lot of technology involved, but I can't agree with it... I can't imagine myself suporting a robot in a race.

This should not be encouraged. I detest that pathetic e grand prix and any other form of milk float racing. Just my opinion. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.