1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Classic @ Vanport Short - Monday March 5th, 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Classic
    Car: Formula Classic download here
    Track: Vanport Short

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warm Up
    20:00 GMT: Race 1 (30 mins)
    20:45 GMT: Race 2 (30 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    2. Reto Christiani
    3. Bram Hengeveld
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Anthony Levenev (?)

2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I know this might seem a bit different from the norm, but i've been asked to move tuesday club races to monday on a trial basis, for now at least.
    This is to see if it will bring more drivers as tuesday is a busy day for other club racing and also, theres quite a bit of league meetings going on mid week, which people are concentrating on.

Also, seeing as things are getting mixed up a bit, i though id change the format a little by having a "feature" race and a "sprint" race, with a small break inbetween stretch out and take a comfort break.
    Let me know what your thoughts are, and if theres anything you are wanting to see in future meets!

3. monday is a good idea! count me in!

4. come on guys ... fill up that grid!!!! this is GSC at it's best!!!

5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Sorry I can't make this one! :( Got some oter plans tonight....

6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I've been thinking, I don't know if it's possible to do a 2 race meeting with differing lengths. I'm going to check, but if it's not, a single 40 min race will be in the offering

7. well 45 minutes is a very long time and a challenge to keep the beast on the track,
    personally I prefer the 2x30min formula.
    but the major problem is: how to fill up the grid!!! I don't think it is related to the race-lenght.
    we are only 2 for tonight with the best Sim in the best Mod on a suited track! and that worries me ... a lot!
    well I think we have to cancel this race ... as sad as it is ...........!!!

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I will be there too. I have some major issues with my steeringwheel so i am not sure if i can sit out the entire session but ill do my best

• Like Like x 1
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Nice one Bram, itll be good to have you join us

10. one BIG favor ... could we go for low ABS settings?! makes really sense for this car's!
    and do we stick with the 1x45min and 1x25min?

11. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Im all for a 2x30 min format, and i cant see why we cant go for low ABS, if thats what folks are wanting

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll do my best to get back from work in time for this...

13. Bram

Bram

Server is up

14. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thanks Bram. I've not felt well so been in bed since 3. Up and ready to race now though

15. Bram

Bram

Guys practice started 15 minutes ago and i am all alone in the server :)

16. i'm just downloading the track again...

17. Congrats to Chris and Anthony for their Race Win's!!!

and I learned something: never change your setup in Qualy! But after I have seen Bram flying all over the place with impressive lap-times, I had to add more wings and from there on I made my setup unbalanced and less drivable then with less wings ; )
    anyway it was great! and thanks to all driver's showing up and supporting the Race-Club!

here the short results of:
    - Race 1
    - Race 2

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheers Reto....although I'm not sure it was a win as I didn't have enough fuel to reach the finish line!

The Formula Classic is (IMO) one of the greatest sim cars out there...it's just brilliant!

19. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

WD on the first race Christopher!! :)

A no finish in race 2? No fuel for 2/3 of the drivers? :D

20. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thanks to all those who could turn up, it managed to be quite a night. Pulled out a win when I was so far off the pace.

Second race was abysmal through. 4 laps in (I think), on the final corner, I hit the rumble strips and it line of sucked me off track into the wall, killing my car.
    All in all though, I had a very good night, and I'm really looking forward to tonight's rFactor race.

Don't know how competitive ill be, but I've been practicing on 110% and been over a second quicker, so im a little hopeful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.